Spider spent five days in Chinese woman’s earAugust 10th, 2012 - 11:53 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 10 (IANS) She arrived at China’s Changsha Central Hospital with an itchy ear, only to learn the cause was a spider that had crawled into the ear canal. To make things worse, doctors believe the arachnid had been in there for five days, Daily Mail reported Friday.
Fortunately for the woman, there was some good news - doctors told her the problem would have been far worse if she had tried to scratch it.
At first the medics planned to use tweezers to grab the spider and pull it out - but they were worried that the creature might bite the patient.
Instead, Liu Sheng and his colleagues poured a saline solution into the ear and waited for the spider to leave on its own, which it did, according to the Mail.
- Georgia woman loses breast to spider bite - May 26, 2010
- Spider bite delays Russell Brand, Katy Perry's marathon sex session - Nov 02, 2010
- Spider venom 'could be the new Viagra' - Mar 08, 2011
- UK shop worker comes face to face with a venomous spider - Feb 23, 2012
- Is Spider venom better than viagra? - Feb 24, 2011
- Israeli toddler bites off snake's head - Jan 27, 2012
- UK man's 33-yr-old ache was due to tooth stuck in ear! - Oct 18, 2010
- Jealous UK woman bites off partner's ear! - Feb 12, 2011
- Denise Van Outen tackles her spider phobia for screen - Aug 14, 2010
- Woman plunges 80ft while throwing a spider - May 31, 2012
- Jennifer Lawrence is scared of spiders - Mar 23, 2012
- Dawson allergy troubles! - Jun 26, 2011
- Spider bite can trigger four-hour long erections - Mar 08, 2011
- Like humans, spiders too watch their diets - May 28, 2010
- Man pays price for scratching his 'itchy' private part in front of woman - Feb 24, 2011