Spicejet flight makes precautionary landingApril 13th, 2012 - 9:50 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 13 (IANS) A Spicejet airlines Ahmedabad-Chennai flight was diverted to Mumbai following some technical glitches here early Friday, officials said.
The flight, SG-281, developed a technical fault and the commander decided to land it in Mumbai as a precautionary measure around 7.30 a.m., an official said.
However, there was no emergency landing and all the 106 passengers plus crew aboard are safe.
Aircraft engineers were examining the aircraft and are expected to give their report on the incident soon. There has been no disruptions of regular flight operations at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai on account of the incident, officials said.
- SpiceJet makes precautionary landing at Mumbai airport - Apr 13, 2012
- Turkish Airlines plane skids; Mumbai airport shut till Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Kingfisher flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai - Oct 08, 2010
- Air India flight makes emergency landing in Pakistan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 09, 2012
- Spicejet flight makes emergency landing - Sep 03, 2011
- Emirates flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai - Jul 27, 2011
- Mumbai airport main runway shut till 11 p.m. Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Turkish Airways plane goes off runway in Mumbai during heavy rainfall - Sep 03, 2011
- Flight grounded at Mumbai Airport since Monday - May 31, 2011
- Mumbai-bound plane hit by bird, lands safely - Oct 21, 2010
- Spicejet aircraft makes emergency landing in Mumbai - May 27, 2011
- Plane removed, operations resume at Mumbai airport runway - Sep 05, 2011
- Flight carrying Kiran Bedi develops snag, diverted - Nov 13, 2011
- Heavy rains slow down life in Mumbai - Jul 13, 2011
- Kingfisher flight returns to Mumbai after technical glitch - Jan 19, 2011
Tags: ahmedabad, aircraft engineers, chennai, chhatrapati shivaji international airport, disruptions, emergency landing, flight operations, precautionary measure, spicejet airlines, technical fault, technical glitches