Speeding truck mows down six in Uttar PradeshApril 10th, 2008 - 12:23 am ICT by admin
Agra, April 9 (IANS) A speeding truck crushed to death six people Wednesday on Delhi-Agra highway here in Uttar Pradesh. The truck loaded with stones, speeding to avoid regional transport office (RTO) officials, first hit a scooter then a bike rider, killing both on the spot. The truck later rammed into an autorickshaw carrying five people.
Four passengers, including a teacher and her husband, were killed.
Infuriated by the series of accidents, local residents pelted stones and blocked traffic movement for hours until arrival of district and police officials, who had to use force to disperse the crowd.
The driver and his accomplice escaped from the accident spot.
- Three killed, four hurt in road accident - Aug 03, 2012
- Dalit killed in clashes between protesters, police - Dec 30, 2011
- Locals clash with police over youth's death - Nov 15, 2011
- Four Tripura tourists killed in Mathura road accident - Dec 27, 2010
- 27 killed in Maharashtra accident (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- 27 killed in Maharashtra accident (Third lead) - May 28, 2012
- Speeding truck mows down 15 in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 22, 2012
- Speeding truck crushes biker - Oct 18, 2011
- Violence erupts after truck runs over a child in Delhi (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Shootout on Delhi-Agra highway, two killed - Mar 20, 2012
- Truck mows four kids, one killed in police firing - Sep 14, 2011
- Six killed in UP road accident - Aug 27, 2012
- Four dead in freak multi-vehicle accident (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Four killed in road accidents in Delhi - Aug 14, 2011
- Two men die in freak Delhi accident (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011