Speeding truck kills two in south DelhiApril 10th, 2008 - 12:02 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 9 (IANS) Two call centre employees were killed when a speeding truck hit their motorcycle in south Delhi’s Kalindi Kunj Wednesday. The police said the victims, identified as Dinesh Kumar and Jagdev, both in their early 20s, were going to south Delhi from Noida when a truck hit their motorbike around 1.30 a.m.
The two were rushed to a hospital, where doctors declared them brought dead.
The police said no arrest could be made till late Wednesday and search was on to nab the absconding driver.
In an apparent case of road rage, a 40-year-old shopkeeper was attacked with a sharp knife in west Delhi late Tuesday.
Mukesh Khanna was admitted to a private nursing home with a stab injury on his arm.
The police said Khanna was attacked by three unidentified men when his Santro car brushed their vehicle. The men then chased him up over a distance and overtook him near Pashchim Vihar area.
The men beat him up and then attacked with a knife. “We have sent teams to arrest the attackers,” said a police official.
- Metro to build two stations near airport - Sep 21, 2011
- Two killed, one hurt in two road accidents - Mar 01, 2011
- Accidentally fired bullet injures Delhi Police constable - Mar 18, 2012
- Student stabs teacher inside classroom - Oct 04, 2011
- Drugs turn three youths into murderers - Oct 13, 2011
- Man jumps off Metro station, dies - Apr 04, 2011
- Man held 14 years after using forged mark sheet - Sep 13, 2012
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Policeman killed in road accident - Mar 30, 2012
- Two kids killed by speeding car, driver dies - Feb 17, 2012
- Journalist held for road rage shooting - Nov 30, 2011
- Kidnapping bid foiled - Sep 23, 2011
- Woman gangraped in Noida, one arrested - Apr 08, 2012
- Rejected lover attacks girl, mother with bombs - Nov 12, 2011
- Delhi Metro to connect more hospitals - Apr 11, 2012