Speeding truck crushes bikerOctober 18th, 2011 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 18 (IANS) A 30-year-old motorcyclist was crushed by a speeding truck in east Delhi, police said Tuesday.
The incident occurred Monday night around 10.15 p.m., when Shiv Dhalla, a resident of West Rohtas Nagar, was returning home from his electrical shop in Karawal Nagar.
Dhalla was riding his TVS Victor bike on Loni Road when a truck tried to overtake another truck and crushed him. Both the trucks were loaded with bricks, a police officer said.
Locals and relatives of the deceased say that both the trucks were racing with each other.
Dhalla was dragged by the truck for a few metres, the officer added.
Soon after the incident, locals pelted stones at the truck and police personnel, who had to resort to baton charge to control the situation.
Both the drivers are absconding.
Meanwhile, Dhalla’s family and friends expressed dissatisfaction with the probe.
“Soon after the incident, police removed the blood stains on the road by splashing water and pouring sand over it. They even locked up some of our family friends and relatives,” said Anurag Khanna, Dhalla’s childhood friend.
“We found Dhalla’s body in two pieces. The accident was so bad that most of his body parts were sticking to the road. It was a terrible scene,” he added.
Dhalla is survived by his wife and two children.
- Nine killed in two road accidents in Ghaziabad - Nov 06, 2011
- Two killed, including toddler, in accidents - Jan 29, 2011
- Two motorcyclists killed in Delhi - Jan 22, 2012
- Man killed - and run over by truck - Apr 09, 2012
- Delhi cop attacked for honking - Jul 12, 2012
- Three held for murder - Jun 14, 2011
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Man arrested for killing Delhi police constable - May 24, 2012
- Locals clash with police over youth's death - Nov 15, 2011
- Suspected thief lynched in Bihar - Jul 10, 2011
- Capital rage continues: Man killed after quarrel over liquor - Jan 14, 2011
- Shops shut in violence-hit east Delhi area; situation under control (Second Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Ghaziabad councillor found murdered - Jul 22, 2011
- Women not safe in Bihar, says NCW team - Aug 17, 2012
- MBA student crushed to death - Feb 15, 2012
Tags: biker, blood stains, body parts, bricks, childhood friend, delhi police, dissatisfaction, east delhi, electrical shop, family and friends, family friends, locals, monday night, motorcyclist, New Delhi, police officer, returning home, rohtas, splashing water, two pieces