Speeding train kills 1, injures 3 in AssamApril 17th, 2012 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, April 17 (IANS) One person was killed and three others were critically injured Tuesday after a speeding train hit them near Thakurbari in Chandrapur area on the outskirts of Guwahati, police said.
The deceased and the injured were all employees of the Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR). NFR chief public relation officer (CPRO) S. Hajong said that some trackmen were working on the two railway tracks in the area when two trains passed by simultaneously and the Nagaon-bound Kolongpar Express hit the workers.
“According to eyewitnesses, the accident took place around 11.45 a.m. at the Thakurbari signal area,” a police official said, adding that while one employee died on the spot, three others received serious injuries.
“We have brought the injured to the Railway Hospital in Maligaon and the condition of two of them is stated to be serious,” Hajong said.
- Two killed in Assam train accident (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Three killed, 50 injured in Assam train accident (Second Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Three killed, 50 injured in Assam train accident (Third Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Assam's stranded train passengers evacuated - Jun 29, 2012
- Blasts on railway track in Asam, no casualties - Apr 20, 2012
- Northeast train services partially resume after two weeks - Jun 14, 2012
- One killed in Assam train accident - Feb 03, 2012
- Two pushed out of train, die - Aug 19, 2012
- Blast derails Assam goods train, driver hurt - Sep 09, 2010
- Railway services in northeast partially restored - Jul 25, 2012
- Assam announces third special to Bangalore on Sep 20 - Sep 07, 2012
- Assam asks railway to help people go back - Aug 22, 2012
- 100 injured as Assam train derails, separatists hand suspected (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- Day 3: 2,500 train passengers still stranded in Assam - Jun 28, 2012
- Two die after being pushed out of train in Bengal (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012