Speeding tanker mows down motorcycle riderJanuary 24th, 2009 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 24 (IANS) A 28-year-old motorcycle rider was mowed down by a speeding tanker at Rohini here Saturday, a police officer said.The incident took place on the road between sectors 6 and 7 in Rohini early morning.
“Vishal was riding the bike when the speeding tanker hit and dragged him for some distance. He sustained severe injuries while the tanker driver fled from the scene along with the tanker,” the police officer said.
He said a guard of an office nearby reported the incident to the police. Vishal was taken to the Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
The officer said the tanker was moving at a very high speed as the bike was totally smashed. Vishal was a resident of Punjabi Basti in Anand Parbat area.
“The victim used to work with the a private firm and was the only earning member in his family. He is survived by his wife and a two-and-half-year-old daughter,” he said.
- Five killed in two road accidents - Nov 07, 2011
- Jail van rams into bus stop, one dead - Jul 30, 2011
- UP cop hit by speeding bus, critical - Jun 25, 2012
- Bikers crush two people in Delhi - Mar 22, 2011
- Minor motorcyclist killed in accident - Nov 15, 2011
- Biker shot at for not giving way - Aug 31, 2011
- Two killed in separate accidents - May 13, 2011
- Two elderly women stabbed to death by robbers in Delhi - Jul 24, 2012
- Starving sisters locked for months, rescued in Delhi - Jun 16, 2012
- Two children injured in celebratory firing - May 07, 2011
- Doctor killed in Jaipur accident - Jul 23, 2012
- Biker killed on Diwali - Oct 27, 2011
- School girl killed in Delhi accident - Apr 07, 2012
- Attack on judges: Delhi lawyers observe strike - May 18, 2012
- Three judges attacked in Delhi, one injured - May 17, 2012