Speeding Mercedes kills a constable, injures anotherApril 10th, 2012 - 11:46 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) A police constable was killed and another critically injured here early Tuesday when a Mercedes driven at high speed hit the motorcycle they were riding during night patrol, police said.
Gurdeep Singh, a resident of Greater Kailash-I who was driving the car, hit the constables from behind around 12.45 a.m. Tuesday near B-1 block of Paschim Vihar in west Delhi.
“The two constables, Deepak, 35, and Amit, 30, who were on night patrol on a motorcycle were knocked down from behind. Deepak succumbed to his injuries on the spot, while Amit is reported to be critical. Singh who fled the spot was later arrested,” a senior Delhi police official told IANS.
A case of rash driving has been registered against Gurdeep Singh.
- Speeding Mercedes kills constable, injures another in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Three hurt as speeding car hits bike in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Cop crushed to death in Delhi - Feb 28, 2011
- Youth held for shooting cop's son - Sep 16, 2011
- Less road accidents at night in Delhi: Police - Apr 18, 2012
- Man crushed to death between two buses - May 22, 2012
- Three persons killed in Delhi road accidents - May 19, 2012
- Youth who helped nab killer cop dies - Sep 27, 2011
- Four Delhi Police personnel injured in accident - Apr 08, 2012
- Class 2 student killed in road accident - Dec 04, 2011
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Four dead in freak multi-vehicle accident (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Two killed in accident - Mar 14, 2012