Speeding bus crushes man, injures 12 (Second Lead)May 8th, 2011 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 8 (IANS) A 28-year-old man was crushed to death and 12 people, including a head constable, were injured when a speeding Blueline bus crashed into them early Sunday morning in north Delhi, police said. The driver of the vehicle is absconding.
Pyara Singh, a resident of Shahjahanpur in Uttar Pradesh, died on way to hospital. His wife Harjeet Kaur, 22, was injured.
The bus driver reportedly lost control of the vehicle, leading to the tragedy in Mori Gate area, Deputy Commissioner of Police I.B. Rani told IANS.
According to police, the accident took place near the Inter-State Bus Terminus (ISBT) at Kashmere Gate and the injured mainly consisted of people from Uttar Pradesh who had got off an interstate bus a few minutes before the accident around 5.20 a.m.
“We received the information about the incident at around 5.20 a.m. that the (Blueline) bus plying on route number 221 had crashed into some people near the ISBT flyover,” said a police official.
“A hunt has been launched for the driver,” said a police official.
A case of causing death due to negligence has been registered.
- Police hunt for Blueline killer driver - May 09, 2011
- One killed, nine injured in Delhi bus accident - May 08, 2011
- Bus crushes traffic cop, cyclist to death, injures another - Jan 24, 2011
- Eight dead as vehicle slams into bus in UP - Apr 21, 2012
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Three killed as mini bus overturns in capital (Lead) - Feb 03, 2010
- Five die in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 30, 2011
- Kashmere Gate bus terminus to be revamped - Dec 21, 2011
- Waterlogging hits Kashmere Gate inter-state bus services - Sep 23, 2010
- Torrential rains cripple Delhi -- for hours - Sep 09, 2011
- 40 hurt as bus falls off Chennai flyover - Jun 27, 2012
- Dozen Tamil Nadu pilgrims hurt - May 10, 2012
- Services resume at Kashmere Gate bus terminus - Sep 25, 2010
- Six pilgrims killed in Haryana accident - Oct 16, 2010
- 10 students hurt in Uttar Pradesh bus accident - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: absconding, blueline, bus driver, bus terminus, commissioner of police, delhi police, deputy commissioner, flyover, head constable, inter state, interstate bus, isbt, kaur, negligence, New Delhi, north delhi, police official, pyara, rani, shahjahanpur