Spectre of ghosts haunts runaway groomApril 23rd, 2008 - 2:40 pm ICT by admin
Raipur, April 23 (IANS) Probably realising that he didn’t have a ghost of a chance to get away from matrimony, a groom in Chhattisgarh did the disappearing act minutes after his wedding leaving villagers speculating feverishly that he had been spirited away by ghouls. Tekeshwar Sahu vanished soon after his marriage ceremony to Manisha ended Monday night in village Nimora, 25 km from here. There was feasting and music with a live band arranged by the bride’s father Arjun Singh.
But Sahu was clearly unimpressed and apparently fled after telling close relatives that he was going to the toilet.
Police have registered a case against the reluctant bridegroom.
But while sceptical police officials maintain that he has gone missing probably because he had not agreed to the wedding, villagers say ghosts have carried him off.
“Everyone has his or her reason for the incident. Villagers, particularly the women in the area, are saying some ghosts or evil spirits have carried him away, but others say he ran away probably because he had not consented. Police also largely agree,” G.S. Bhambra, the city superintendent of police, told IANS over telephone.
He added that the police were treating it purely as a ‘missing’ case and had searched Sahu’s village Bhurkuni and houses of his close relatives.
Now, here is a case of a ghost who ran, not walked.
- Cash reward to find runaway groom - Jun 04, 2008
- Father, uncle booked for honour killing in Maharashtra - Apr 09, 2012
- Stiller to play Brand's role in 'Rentaghost' - Oct 15, 2011
- Tension in Himachal village over inter-caste marriage - Aug 13, 2010
- Dalit groom seeks police protection to ride mare - Feb 11, 2012
- Manisha Koirala To Tie Knot With Nepali Businessman - May 26, 2010
- Teenager held for killing three kids in Chhattisgarh - Aug 25, 2010
- Groom stranded as bride flees with money - Sep 03, 2012
- Bikes and fridges for relatives of BSP leader's new son-in-law - Mar 26, 2011
- Man kills brother over land tensions, witchcraft - Nov 01, 2011
- One killed as SP man fires at wedding (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Woman beats man to death for harassing her - Jun 20, 2011
- Bridegroom fires gun, kills three in Turkey - Aug 09, 2010
- Retired judge's daughter nabbed on graft charge - Oct 14, 2011
- Spooky tales from the hills - Jul 10, 2012