Special menus in Mumbai hotels for Republic DayJanuary 24th, 2012 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 24 (IANS) As the country gears up to celebrate its 63rd Republic Day, hotels in this city are set to welcome guests with enticing special menus and dishes in the three colours of the national flag.
Senior chefs in the kitchen at Hotel Transit in Vile Parle in northwest Mumbai have donned their white toques and are buzzing to pay a culinary tribute to a meal splashed with saffron, white and green colours.
The exhaustive spread of 26 dishes will include Indian dishes like Dhokla, Tamatar Kadhi and Mugachi Amti along with oriental and continental preparations like Malaysian Noodles, Mofu Rice and Assorted Vegetables Peking Style, Pasta Arrabiata and Veg Au Gratin.
“Transit, that’s home in Mumbai to both domestic and international travellers, is buzzing with demand for both local and international cuisine,” the hotel’s managing director Bharat Malkani told IANS.
“As part of India’s 63rd Republic Day celebrations, we are offering a unique Facebook discount where customers who like us and come in third, fourth goes free,” he added.
Keeping with the tricolour spirit, guests will be welcomed with Kiwi (Green), Mango (Saffron) and Litchi (White) coolers that bring alive the patriotic spirit.
Similarly, attracting foodies to indulge in the special tricolour preparations, Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel will lay out an exhaustive buffet complete from appetizers to desserts.
Beginning with appetizers representing the colour saffron, Orange Fennel with Almonds, Chicken Tikka ki Chaat, Kombadicha Surva and Lentil Soup with Rosemary Garlic will pave the way for the main course buffet.
Delicacies like Dahi Bhalla, Curd Rice, Murg Meethi Malai and Parmesan and Herb Crusted Baked Fish will represent the colour white.
The patriotic gastronomical journey will end with greens like Mirchi ka Salaan, Lehsooni Palak Paneer and Beans Poriyal.
The meal will also showcase royal dishes like Tirangi Kofta, Veg Navratna, Nihari Gosht, Meen Moilee, Murg Chaamp Biryani, Tarkari Biryani and Aloo Jodhpuri.
Desserts like Chandrakala, Malai Moon, Dil Bahar, Tirangi Angoori Rabdi and Tirangi Burfi will provide the finishing touch to a resplendent meal fit for the most patriotic Indian.
At the MoMo Cafe of Courtyard by Marriott in Andheri in northwest Mumbai, the menu will rediscover the rich flavours of diverse states and indulge in their rich regional culinary heritage.
The buffet will include traditional specialities from different states like Kacche Gosht Ki Biryani or Lal Mirch Ke Methi Macchi from Andhra Pradesh, Malvani Fish Curry or Kothimbir Wadi from Maharashtra, Harey Moong Ke Gosht or Paneer Lababdar from Awadh, Gosht Beliram or Choley Bhature from Punjab, Meen Polichatu or Kerala Sambhar from Kerala and Paniaram or Urlai Pattani Kurma from Tamil Nadu.
Sinful traditional desserts like Srikhand, Khubani Ki Rabri, Param Puri, Jalebi, Gulab Jamun or special Tricolor Ladoos will ensure the best ending of the meal.
Also celebrating the spirit of the Republic, Hornby’s Pavilion at ITC Grand Central will salute the essence of freedom by offering a 50 percent special discount to armed forces personnel for their extensive buffet.
- A mouthful of 'tricolour' dishes (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Manmohan, Gilani Mohali dinner to include spicy fare - Mar 30, 2011
- Culinary delights of walled city with five-star comfort (With Images) - Feb 10, 2012
- Manmohan Singh's dinner for Gilani to start shortly - Mar 30, 2011
- Sumptuous spread at PM's luncheon for Zardari - Apr 08, 2012
- Food For Thought – Sushil Kumar - Nov 03, 2010
- Manmohan Singh hosts dinner for Gilani at Mohali - Mar 30, 2011
- Bukhara's 'Obama Platter' waits for the Obamas - Nov 08, 2010
- Making foodies at Delhi's first restaurant week (Eating out with IANS) - Feb 04, 2011
- 'Indo-Pak' food awaits Gilani, Manmohan - Mar 29, 2011
- Heard her voice, now taste her food - with Asha's (With Image) - May 11, 2012
- Indian platter goes casual; eateries reap bounty - Oct 23, 2011
- ITC Maurya to welcome Obamas' with shehnais and women dressed in lehengas - Nov 07, 2010
- Vivid platters for Eid this year (With recipes) - Nov 06, 2011
- Culinary journey of Hindoostan on the canvas of Raj era (With Images) - Feb 05, 2012
Tags: amti, assorted vegetables, baked fish, chaat, chicken tikka, curd rice, hotel transit, indian dishes, international cuisine, international travellers, kadhi, kofta, lentil soup, nihari, palak paneer, pasta arrabiata, patriotic spirit, republic day, surva, vile parle