Special cells in colleges to check sexual harassmentIndiaJune 23rd, 2008 - 3:36 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 23 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government has directed all colleges to set up “special cells” to check sexual harassment and other problems faced by girl students. “The move intends to provide secure and friendly environment to over 600,000 girls studying in over 1,600 degree colleges of Uttar Pradesh,” Regional Higher Education Officer S.A. Ali told IANS.
He said these cells would come up in a phased manner.
In the last one year, around half-a-dozen sexual harassment cases have been reported from Uttar Pradesh’s different educational institutions including Lucknow University.
Each special cell will have seven members, including representatives from the judiciary, the district administration and NGOs, officials pointed out.
- IAC to recruit volunteers from colleges - Nov 01, 2011
- Ten trains to bring paramilitary forces - Dec 30, 2011
- Lucknow's ten-year-old girl gets admission in college in science stream - Dec 30, 2010
- Lucknow teachers to start helpline against corruption - May 03, 2011
- BJP releases its UP poll manifesto - Jan 27, 2012
- Alert sounded in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 02, 2012
- Fake degree racket busted, two held - Jun 24, 2011
- Ayurveda, unani to be promoted through rural health scheme - Feb 10, 2012
- Fake degrees racket busted, three held - Sep 17, 2011
- Two more rape cases reported in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 25, 2011
- Azamgarh redefined: An educational hub in 'nursery of terror' - Jan 12, 2011
- UP moves to make varsities tobacco-free - Apr 25, 2012
- Uma Bharti to cast her vote in Lucknow - Feb 19, 2012
- High alert in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2011
- UP government releases vision document for development - May 17, 2012