Special CBI courts to be set up in Lucknow, GhaziabadJune 9th, 2012 - 2:11 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 9 (IANS) Two special CBI courts wuill be set up in the Uttar Pradesh capital and Ghaziabad in connection with the Rs.5,000 crore National Rural Health Mission (NHRM) scam.
According to informed sources, CBI Joint Director Javed Ahmad has held meetings with senior officials of the state government in this regard.
CBI wants early approval of its request to prosecute over 30 officials and doctors accused of ripping off crores of rupees meant to improve healthcare in the state.
The agency is currently probing the scam in which many politicians, former ministers, legislators and officials other than medical officers have been charged with corruption.
Two Chief Medical Officers (CMO) were killed apparently because of largescale irregularities and one deputy CMO, charged with conspiring to kill his two seniors, was murdered in mysterious circumstances in the Lucknow jail.
The Allahabad High Court is monitoring the CBI probe and it is learnt that some more high-profile arrests would be made soon.
- CBI raids former UP health minister - Jun 02, 2012
- NRHM scam: CBI registers cases against two officials - Aug 04, 2011
- NRHM scam: IAS officer arrested, sent to CBI custody (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- NRHM scam: CBI arrests ex-CMO in Lucknow - May 07, 2012
- NHRM scam: CBI raids in UP, Gujarat - Aug 30, 2012
- Senior IAS officer arrested in NRHM scam - May 10, 2012
- CBI to probe Uttar Pradesh medical officers' killings - Jul 27, 2011
- NRHM scam: CBI raids 60 places, ex-BSP minister under scanner (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- CBI should protect informers in health scheme scam: BJP - Feb 16, 2012
- NHRM scam: Court asks Uttar Pradesh to explain delay - Aug 23, 2012
- NRHM scam: Court raps Uttar Pradesh for delay in prosecution (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- UP gives go ahead to prosecution of tainted doctors, officials - Aug 27, 2012
- Court reserves judgment on Uttar Pradesh rural health scam - Sep 16, 2011
- Ex-Mayawati aide claims threat from minister - Nov 19, 2011
- CBI to probe rural health scheme in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: ahmad, allahabad high court, cbi probe, corruption, crores, ghaziabad, high profile, irregularities, javed, legislators, medical officers, mysterious circumstances, national rural health, national rural health mission, politicians, rupees, senior officials, seniors, state government, uttar pradesh capital