Spain’s Olympic basketball coach quitsAugust 28th, 2008 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, Aug 28 (Xinhua) Spanish Olympic basketball coach Aito Garcia Reneses resigned after the team won the silver medal at the Beijing Games, Spanish Federation of Basketball said. Reneses used a clause in his contract which allowed him to leave at the end of the Olympic Games.
“I don’t want to train the team for only two months a year. Right now I prefer to be active right through the season,” Reneses said.
Reneses took charge of the Spanish national team three months ago, replacing Pepu Hernandez, who was dismissed at the beginning of June.
Spain lost the Olympic final 107-118 to the United States.
- Olympic basketball: Spain, US set up rematch of Beijing final (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Pau Gasol replaces Nadal as Spanish flagbearer - Jul 21, 2012
- US claim basketball gold, Ugandan marathon (Overall World Roundup) - Aug 13, 2012
- Nadal named flag bearer for Spain's Olympic team - Jun 21, 2012
- Russia avoids US, draws Spain in Olympic basketball - Jul 09, 2012
- Olympic swimming: Russia clinch synchronised team title fourth time - Aug 11, 2012
- Spain, Argentina bring high hopes to Olympic basketball - Jul 28, 2012
- Guardiola quits Barca, deputy Tito to take over (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Mexico has best Olympics in over 40 years - Aug 13, 2012
- Spain prepare for Euro defence with China game - Jun 02, 2012
- Madrid officially launches bid for 2020 Olympics - Jan 31, 2012
- Spain to seek dialogue with Britain over Gibraltar - May 24, 2012
- Olympics: China's Ye Shiwen shatters world record in swimming - Jul 29, 2012
- Illaramendi for injured Thiago in Spanish Olympic squad - Jul 07, 2012
- Del Bosque hints at taking uncapped players to Euro 2012 - May 16, 2012