SP accuses Mayawati of wasting flood relief moneySeptember 12th, 2008 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 12 (IANS) The opposition Samajwadi Party (SP) Friday accused the ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government of wasting government funds on the pretext of providing relief to flood victims.”All claims of Mayawati (Uttar Pradesh chief minister) about the relief measures for those affected by floods are false,” SP national general secretary Ashok Bajpai told reporters here Friday.
“The situation in various districts of Uttar Pradesh continues to remain grim. No flood-related relief has been provided in several areas of the state,” he added.
“On the pretext of providing financial assistance to the flood victims, Mayawati is wasting money on increasing her security cover.”
“She is also spending the government money unnecessarily in the name of urbanisation and industrialisation of the state,” said Bajpai.
- Mayawati siphoning development funds to BSP candidates: BJP - Oct 17, 2011
- Congress slams Mayawati for 'wasting public money' - Oct 14, 2011
- Mayawati quits, warns against SP's hooliganism (Third Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- UP government compromised on Maya's graft: BJP - Jun 15, 2012
- BSP trying to cover sins: BJP - Nov 21, 2011
- BSP slams Akhilesh's first month in office - Apr 20, 2012
- No conspiracy against Mayawati: BJP - Jul 06, 2012
- BJP on ventilator in Uttar Pradesh: Rahul Gandhi - Nov 25, 2011
- Mayawati inaugurates 'dream project', says Congress ignored Dalit icons (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2011
- Mayawati quits as UP chief minister (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- BSP, SP have tacit understanding with Congress: BJP - Nov 11, 2011
- UP government withdraws cases against 24 Tappal farmers - Apr 13, 2012
- 'Quashing reservation in promotions goes against SCs, STs' - May 03, 2012
- UP chief minister Mayawati resigns - Mar 07, 2012
- Samajwadi Party to move court against brutal cop beating - Mar 11, 2011