South Delhi manager was murdered for gay relations

April 23rd, 2008 - 10:48 pm ICT by admin  

New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) A 30-year-old married man has been arrested here for allegedly stabbing an elderly man to death after he was refused money for homosexual relations with the deceased, police said Wednesday. “We have arrested Dhirender Singh for stabbing Narender Jaipalani, manager of the Meena Bazaar saree showroom, to death late Monday after the deceased expressed inability to pay the money for homosexual relations they had had,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (South Delhi) H.G.S. Dhaliwal told reporters.

Jaipalani, 50, was found dead with multiple stab injuries on his chest, neck and back in the shop in Lajpat Nagar’s central market. His body was found in a semi-naked condition.

The official said Jaipalani had been working with the showroom for the last three decades and was a considered trustworthy by the shop owner.

Dhaliwal said Jaipalani’s body was recovered after his two sons, Nitin and Dipashu, went to check on him at the shop.

The sons found the shop-shutter partially opened and the lights turned off. On switching on the lights, they found the body of their father lying in a pool of blood behind the sales counter.

There was blood on the floor and blood-stained trousers, shoes, spectacles and some cream were found in the cabin. The victim was rushed to the Mool Chand Kharaiti Lal Hospital, where he was declared dead.

Police said it was found during investigations that Rs.1.7 million was missing from the cash drawer of the shop. There had been a friendly entry inside the shop.

“The interrogation of all the persons working presently and in the past at the shop pointed the needle of suspicion against one ex-worker, Dhirender Singh, who had left the Meena Bazaar about one-and-a-half years ago,” Dhaliwal said.

“Singh, on sustained interrogation, broke down and confessed to having committed the murder. He further disclosed that he used to take money from the deceased in lieu of some personal services and had friendly relations with him,” he added.

Police said Singh planned a meeting with the deceased at the shop, when it was closed since Mondays are holidays for the market. After their meeting, Singh demanded some money on interest from Jaipalani who refused.

An altercation ensued between them. Singh asked Jaipalani to hand over the money kept in the cash drawer of the shop. But Jaipalani bluntly refused him.

Singh then drew a sharp knife and stabbed him. After taking the money and the mobile phone of the deceased, Singh fled after switching off the lights.

Singh married two years ago and was unemployed since, police said.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |