South Africa gets ready for 2010 FIFA World CupJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 6:43 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Jan 23 (IANS) Two members of pro-Pakistan terror outfit Hizbul Mujahideen were gunned down in a shootout with the Jammu and Kashmir police Friday.A senior police officer said they had received an input about the presence of some militants in mountainous forest of Gandoh in Doda district, about 200 km from here.
The police were tracking the militants for the “last three days”, Doda district police chief Prabhat Singh told IANS.
The police noticed two militants entering a secluded house in the forest area Friday morning.
The police challenged them and the terrorists opened fire at the police patrol. In the retaliatory fire “two militants were killed in about three hours” of the shootout, said the police officer.
The slain militants belonged to the Hizul Mujahideen and one of them was active since 1996. Two AK rifles and some ammunition were recovered from the shootuut site.
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant arrested in Jammu region - May 16, 2012
- Two Hizbul militants killed in Jammu - Apr 24, 2010
- Two Hizbul militants killed in Jammu-Kashmir gunfight - Apr 24, 2010
- Two militants killed near Jammu - Nov 28, 2010
- Two Hizb militants killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Dec 14, 2009
- Top Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir gunfight - Oct 08, 2011
- Hizb terrorist killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Oct 10, 2009
- Security forces kill top Hizbul Mujahideen commander in Doda - Mar 08, 2010
- Hindu commander of Hizbul killed in Jammu - Jul 27, 2011
- Two separatist guerrillas killed in Kashmir - Oct 12, 2011
- Hizbul militant killed in Jammu and Kashmir shootout - Aug 22, 2009
- Hizbul commander killed in Kashmir gunfight - Apr 03, 2011
- Two militants killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jun 27, 2011
- Soldier killed in militant fire in Kashmir - May 03, 2012
- Three Hizbul Mujahideen militants killed in Shopian encounter - Oct 14, 2010