Sourav Ganguly’s fine dining hub ends its inningsAugust 1st, 2011 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 1 (IANS) “Sourav’s: The Food Pavilion” owned and managed by the former Indian cricket captain downed its shutters for the last time Monday.
The five-storeyed multicuisine restaurant-cum-lounge bar in the city’s upmarket Park Street had not been doing well since it was launched in 2004, sources in the fine-dining facility said.
However, Ganguly’s brother Snehasish said the decision to close down Sourav’s was taken as they were not able to devote sufficient time.
“Sourav is very busy. I am also busy. We were not getting time to run it properly. So we took this business decision,” Snehasish told IANS.
The more famous Ganguly brother is now away in England doing television commentary.
Snehasish said all the employees will get their dues.
While initially Sourav Ganguly only allowed his name to be used for the facility in exchange for royalty, he took over the ownership and management two years later.
- KKR has made a mistake: Sourav's brother Snehasish - Jan 10, 2011
- 'Who are you?' ICC official asks Ganguly at Eden Gardens - Oct 26, 2011
- Ganguly fans left with mixed feelings - May 05, 2012
- Sourav Ganguly captain-cum-mentor of Pune Warriors - Mar 22, 2012
- Saha's knock takes Bengal to Vijay Hazare final (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Laxman has given strong and clear message to selectors: Ganguly - Aug 18, 2012
- Saha takes Bengal to the final of Vijay Hazare Trophy - Mar 10, 2012
- Shop, eat, shop at Delhi's '360-degree' lifestyle stores - May 02, 2010
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Dinda's fifer takes Bengal to semis - Mar 06, 2012
- Rajasthan thrash Pune to keep playoff hopes alive (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Supreme Court quashes land allotment to Sourav Ganguly - May 26, 2011
- Ganguly approaches police chief on sting operation at restaurant - Aug 01, 2009
- Ganguly picks India World T20 favourites, Windies dark horses - Aug 28, 2012
- IPL all but over for 'rested' Ganguly - May 11, 2012
- Open to coaching India: Ganguly - Sep 06, 2012