Sourav Ganguly completes 7,000 Test runsOctober 17th, 2008 - 6:50 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali, Oct 17 (IANS) Sourav Ganguly reached a personal landmark Friday when he became the fourth Indian batsman to cross 7,000 runs during the first day’s play of the second cricket Test against Australia at the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) stadium here.Ganguly’s feat came just an hour after Tendulkar surpassed the record of West Indian Brian Lara as the highest scorer in Test cricket.
The Prince of Kolkata, who will retire from international cricket after the four-Test series, crossed the milestone while on 40 after gliding a Johnson delivery to sweeper cover for a double.
Tendulkar and Ganguly stitched a crucial partnership after India lost four wickets with 163 runs. The reached the duo in the post-tea session of the first day’s play here.
Ganguly took 111 Tests to achieve the feat, in his 12-year illustrious career.
The other three in the 7,000-run category are Sachin Tendulkar, Sunil Gavaskar and Rahul Dravid. Ganguly is the 33rd batsman in world cricket to cross the 7,000-run mark in Tests.
- Tendulkar crosses 15,000 Test runs - Nov 08, 2011
- Sehwag sixth India batsman to score 1,000 runs against Pakistan (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- Tendulkar and Vijay defy Australia scoring centuries - Oct 11, 2010
- Ian Chappell says Lara better than Ponting and Tendulkar - Jan 31, 2012
- Former captains pay rich tributes to Dravid at BCCI ceremony - Mar 27, 2012
- Sehwag smashes 22nd Test ton, Dravid 30th (Ahmedabad Test highlights) - Nov 04, 2010
- Congratulations pour in for Tendulkar - Dec 19, 2010
- Gavaskar inducted into ICC Cricket Hall of Fame - Feb 09, 2012
- History beckons Sachin at Eden - Nov 12, 2011
- Sehwag completes 1,000 runs against Pakistan - Mar 30, 2011
- Chanderpaul in 10k club, says will help young batsmen - Apr 27, 2012
- Bravo's ton puts West Indies in command at Wankhede - Nov 23, 2011
- Tendulkar fails to emulate Bradman's feat (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Dravid pips Lara to become third highest scorer in Test history - Dec 17, 2010
- Sehwag rewrite record books at historic Brabourne (Statistical highlights) - Dec 03, 2009