Soren yet to allocate departments to Jharkhand ministersSeptember 2nd, 2008 - 2:51 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sep 2 (IANS) Almost a week after Shibu Soren took charge of the Jharkhand government, the ministers are yet to be assigned their responsibilites and departments. Development work in the state came to a standstill with all ministers rushing to New Delhi after Soren’s Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) withdrew support to the Madhu Koda government Aug 17. The political drama ended with Soren’s swearing in Aug 27 but the ministers are yet to get down to work.
Soren won the trust vote on Aug 29 but is yet to allocate departments to his ministers since they all want departments like energy, urban development and construction, official sources said.
Soren is finding it difficult to please all ministers, five of whom are demanding the designation of deputy chief minister. In the previous Madhu Koda government, there were two deputy chief ministers.
“It is difficult for Soren to keep every minister happy. The support of each minister is necessary to run the government,” a source close to the chief minister told IANS.
Former deputy chief minister Stephen Marandi said: “The allocation of departments could not take place since Governor Syed Sibte Razi was out of Ranchi. He will return Tuesday and the assigning of tasks will be completed in a day or two.”
- Grateful Jharkhand gives Shibu Soren house for life - Nov 25, 2010
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
- Four JMM legislators boycott legislative party meeting - Oct 19, 2011
- Jharkhand deputy chief minister gets bail - May 20, 2011
- JMM tight-lipped over fresh row in 1993 bribery case - Sep 13, 2011
- Hopeful getting Mamata's support, says Pranab (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Pranab campaigns in Jharkhand, Lalu, Paswan also pitch in - Jul 12, 2012
- Court petition against former Jharkhand governor - Dec 17, 2009
- With RS horse trading reports, Jharkhand in news for wrong reasons - Mar 31, 2012
- Congress, JVM-P mull government formation without JMM - Dec 25, 2009
- Jharkhand's sole Muslim minister unhappy with portfolio - Oct 11, 2010
- Munda in Nagpur to seek Gadkari's blessings - Sep 12, 2010
- Seven Koda ministers lose election - Dec 23, 2009
- Who will BJP choose as next Jharkhand chief minister? - May 08, 2010
- BJP undecided over Jharkand by-poll pact - Nov 14, 2011