Soren in Ranchi hospital after chest painJanuary 13th, 2009 - 3:43 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Jan 13 (IANS) Outgoing Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren was Tuesday admitted to hospital after he complained of chest pain. Family sources said the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief, who quit Monday as chief minister after his defeat in the Tamar by-assembly election, began feeling uneasy in the morning and was rushed to the Apollo hospital here. He had problems breathing and a pain in his chest.
Soren had resigned Monday under pressure from the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) after he lost the by-election he needed to win to become a member of the Jharkhand assembly.
He has been asked by Governor Syed Sibte Razi to remain chief minister till further arrangements are made.
Soren was scheduled to leave for New Delhi Tuesday and meet the central leadership of the UPA to decide the name of the next chief minister.
- Jharkhand political crisis lingers, Soren recovering in hospital - Jan 14, 2009
- Soren discharged from hospital - Jan 19, 2009
- JMM eyes Jameshedpur Lok Sabha seat after Munda victory - Feb 18, 2011
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
- JMM rejects Munda's request not to contest by-poll - Jun 11, 2011
- Soren rejects Munda's plea, JMM joins Jamshedpur by-poll (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Jharkhand deputy chief minister gets bail - May 20, 2011
- Munda to be ruling alliance joint nominee for by-poll: Soren - Jan 18, 2011
- BJP refutes JMM's power rotation claim - Jul 09, 2011
- President's rule revoked in Jharkhand - Dec 29, 2009
- Jharkhand inching towards president's rule, says Congress (Lead) - Jan 16, 2009
- 'Files pending as Jharkhand top brass focuses on by-poll' - Jun 28, 2011
- Munda files nomination for Kharsawa by-poll - Jan 19, 2011
- Four JMM legislators boycott legislative party meeting - Oct 19, 2011
- Soren admitted to Ranchi hospital - Jan 13, 2009