Sonu Nigam, Pyarelal recreate 1960s magicSeptember 23rd, 2011 - 3:34 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Sep 23 (IANS) It was a sight to behold when singer Sonu Nigam recreated the 1960s by singing popular songs of the time with legendary Pyarelal of musical duo Laxmikant-Pyarelal. The legend was conferred a special honour for outstanding contribution to pop music at the Global Indian Music Awards (GIMA).
Sonu Thursday night revisited the retro era at the Kingdom of Dreams here as he sang some of the popular songs composed by the musical duo live with Pyarelal conducting the orchestra behind.
The audience swayed to the symphony of the live music as Sonu set the mood starting with songs like “Chahunga main tujhe”, “Sawan ka mahina”, “Yeh jeevan hai”, “Bindiya chamkegi” and “Parda hai parda”.
The energy levels of the audience went up as Sonu went on to sing high-octane songs like “Paisa yeh paisa” and “Om shanti om”. He later asked Shah Rukh Khan to join him on stage and shake a leg with him.
Pyarelal, who received a standing ovation, dedicated the award to all the people he has worked with.
“I dedicate this award to singers and musicians with whom we have worked with till now. We have worked as a team and it is because of them that we became Lakshmikant-Pyarelal,” said Pyarelal after receiving the award.
“I would also like to add that Lata-ji (Mageshkar) has played a very important part in wherever we have reached today,” he added.
Pyarelal also heaped praise on Sonu, calling him the most “genuine singer”.
- Aruna Irani, Pyarelal to get lifetime achievement award - Jan 21, 2012
- Boman Irani to join son in 'Student of The Year'? (Movie Snippets) - Apr 18, 2012
- 'Dabangg' sweeps GIMA with six awards - Sep 23, 2011
- Bollywood songs to add to your patriotic fervour - Aug 14, 2010
- Singing and sought after, Lata turns 81 (Sep 28 is Lata Mangeshkar's birthday) - Sep 27, 2010
- GIMA voting process starts - Aug 30, 2011
- 'Band Baaja Baaraat' wins three IIFA awards - Jun 25, 2011
- A R Rahman at GIMA: "My Dad Used To Look At Lata Mageshkar’s Photo Every ... - Dec 04, 2010
- Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award' for composer Anandji - Aug 30, 2012
- The real 'Anthony Gonsalves' no more - Jan 19, 2012
- Jhuki jhuki si nazar, in remembrance of Jagjit Singh (Obituary) - Oct 10, 2011
- Saif to jam with Pritam for music awards - Nov 09, 2010
- 13 songs to dedicate this Mother's Day - May 05, 2011
- 14-year-old Patiala girl features in music album - Feb 11, 2011
- Born to sing: Lata turns 82 (Sep 28 is Lata Mangeshkar's birthday) - Sep 27, 2011
Tags: 1960s, bindiya chamkegi, energy levels, honour, indian music, jeevan, ka, kingdom of dreams, laxmikant pyarelal, live music, mahina, music awards, musical duo, om shanti, popular songs, shah rukh khan, singers, sonu nigam, standing ovation, thursday night