Sonia praises Manmohan for sagacity, wisdomFebruary 8th, 2009 - 3:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 8 (IANS) Congress president Sonia Gandhi Sunday praised Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for showing “sagacity” and “wisdom” as she prayed for his early recovery following a heart surgery.
“Let me first, on your behalf, greet our prime minister who is making steady progress, after his heart surgery,” Gandhi told thousands of party activists here.
“Manmohan Singh has led our government with sagacity and wisdom. He has brought credit to all of us by the dignified manner in which he has guided the Congress-led UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government,” she said.
“We wish him speedy and complete recovery and look forward to him resuming office at the earliest.”
- Divisive forces cannot fight terrorism: Sonia (Roundup) - Feb 08, 2009
- Get well soon, Gilani wishes Sonia Gandhi - Mar 06, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi supporters pray outside New York hospital - Aug 08, 2011
- Partymen missed Sonia in her absence, says Congress mouthpiece - Sep 12, 2011
- Chouhan wishes Sonia speedy recovery - Aug 05, 2011
- Secrecy continues to shroud Sonia's illness - Aug 08, 2011
- Development should reach poorer sections of society: PM - Nov 02, 2010
- PM, Sonia congratulate Pranab - Jul 22, 2012
- Mamata wishes Sonia speedy recovery - Aug 08, 2011
- Sonia pulls up Congress, to pick presidential nominee (Roundup) - Jun 04, 2012
- Modi wishes Sonia Gandhi speedy recovery - Aug 04, 2011
- Sonia wishes speedy recovery to PM - Jan 27, 2009
- Congress activists pray for Sonia's recovery - Aug 04, 2011
- BJP, Congress slugfest over PM remarks - Sep 28, 2011
- NCP and government mend fences, PM praises Pawar (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012