Sonia Gandhi condemns Mumbai terror attacksNovember 28th, 2008 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
Aizawl, Nov 28 (IANS) Congress party president Sonia Gandhi Friday strongly condemned the terror attacks in Mumbai and termed it “a brutal attack on innocent people”.Gandhi, while addressing an election rally in southern Mizoram’s Lunglei, called the Mumbai terror attack “a brutal attack on innocent people”.
A one-minute silence was observed to show respect to the victims of the terror attacks before Gandhi began her address at the rally.
Sonia Gandhi arrived here Friday morning. She was accompanied by state Congress president Lalthanhawla and union Minister of State for Chemicals and Fertilizers and Mines Bijoy Krishna Handique.
She left for New Delhi by a chartered flight from Lengpui airport near capital Aizawl later.
Mizoram goes to polls Dec 2.
- No religion preaches terror: Rahul Gandhi - Jan 29, 2011
- PM to address Punjab rallies on Jan 21 - Jan 12, 2012
- IAF to set up defence radar station in Mizoram - Dec 04, 2011
- Ethnic violence in Mizoram: Thousands displaced, houses burnt - Nov 15, 2009
- Sonia Gandhi inaugurates Aizawl Sports Complex - Mar 06, 2010
- PM, Sonia to pay last respects to Khandu in Itanagar - May 06, 2011
- PM, Sonia must apologise for cash-for-votes scam: Gadkari - Nov 20, 2011
- President calls for intensive research on bamboo flowering - Sep 24, 2010
- Air Force to set up defence radar station in Mizoram - Jan 19, 2011
- Mizoram ethnic violence: paramilitary forces deployed - Nov 16, 2009
- Lalthanhawla elected Mizoram Congress legislature party leader - Dec 10, 2008
- NATO secretary general condemns Mumbai attacks - Jul 15, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to lay foundation stone of Rajiv Gandhi Stadium in Aizawl - Mar 03, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi asks youth to participate in politics - Feb 14, 2011
- Bad weather keeps Sonia away from Moga rally - Jan 19, 2012