Soni promises new roadmap for Prasar BhartiJanuary 4th, 2011 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 4 (IANS) With the public broadcaster getting an interim CEO, Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni Tuesday called for “a fresh start” and announced that the government was considering a new roadmap to energize Prasar Bharti.
The government was considering a new roadmap for taking new initiatives in the Prasar Bharti setup, Soni said at function here to release DVDs of Doordarshan Archives.
The initiatives would aim to firm up the mandate given to Prasar Bharti Corporation as a public broadcaster in the country, she said.
Soni also assured the employees of Prasar Bharti that issues concerning them would be looked into, and called upon them to make a resolve to initiate a fresh start during the new year.
Soni launched a set of DVDs, including Paintings of India, Path-breaking Dancer Sonal Mansingh and Secrets of Shastras revealed by Gurus.
The minister stressed upon an urgent need to centralize cataloguing, assimilation, preservation and restoration processes.
The method of disseminating archival information through popular mediums such as DVDs provided an entertaining tool and platform to ensure the continuity of cultures across different generations, she said.
Soni’s comments came a day after the Prasar Bharti board asked Rajiv Takru, additional secretary in the information and broadcasting ministry, to take over the responsibilities of the CEO of the national broadcaster.
Last month, the controversial CEO of Prasar Bharti, B.S. Lalli, was suspended pending an inquiry into allegations of financial irregularities.
The board also decided to set up five committees to handle various aspects of the organisation, including finance, personnel, production and content, project monitoring and implementation and strategy.
- President clears court probe against Prasar Bharti chief - Dec 09, 2010
- Amendments to Prasar Bharati Act, interim set-up likely (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Doordarshan, AIR employees call off three-day strike - Dec 11, 2010
- Payment to SIS Live with ministry's approval, says Lalli (Lead) - Oct 25, 2010
- Prasar Bharti justifies deal on telecast of 2010 Commonwealth Games - Oct 25, 2010
- Doordarshan, Akashvani employees defer proposed agitation - Dec 11, 2010
- Post-Lalli suspension, Prasar Bharati looks to interim set-up - Dec 22, 2010
- SC asks Centre to file CBI report on suspended Prasar Bharati CEO - Apr 01, 2011
- Prasar Bharati CEO Lalli suspended - Dec 22, 2010
- Prasar Bharati CEO decries intrigue, says ready for probe - Dec 09, 2010
- CBI seeks I&B Ministry's nod to proceed against Lalli in CWG scam - Feb 22, 2011
- File status report on CBI probe in Lalli case: Apex court - Apr 01, 2011
- Money-laundering case against suspended Prasar Bharti chief - Jun 21, 2011
- CBI raids Lalli's premises, files case for CWG corruption (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Supreme Court asks Centre to file affidavit against Lalli - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: ambika soni, archival information, assimilation, content project, doordarshan, financial irregularities, fresh start, gurus, interim ceo, lalli, mansingh, mediums, national broadcaster, prasar bharti, project monitoring, public broadcaster, rajiv, restoration processes, roadmap, shastras