Sonata to set up offshore centre for US firmJuly 31st, 2012 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 31 (IANS) IT consulting firm Sonata Software Ltd is setting up an offshore development centre here for US-based Coalfire Systems, a leader in governance, risk and compliance.
“The dedicated centre will architect and develop Coalfire’s new generation compliance management solution called Navis platform to serve newer segments of the market,” Sonata managing director Srikar Reddy said in a statement here Tuesday.
The new platform provides users a suite of online tools to manage IT governance and regulatory compliance norms.
“The platform will help Coalfire clients collaborate with auditors and share compliance information between their auditors and customers,” Reddy said.
The Louisville headquartered Coalfire advises and provides IT GRC tools to security-conscious leaders in retail, financial services, healthcare, cloud services, higher education, government and utilities.
“We will develop the product using Microsoft tools with scalable Software as a Service (SAAS) architecture and move to Azure cloud platform subsequently as the deal will be one of our long-term engagement,” Reddy said.
The deal with Coalfire reinforces Sonata’s leadership in outsourced product development and Microsoft technologies.
“Sonata’s expertise in product development will help us to become a single-source provider of IT audit and assessment services for our clients, regardless of the different regulatory drivers,” Coalfire president Kennet Westby noted in the statement.
As a strategic partner to global ISVs (independent software vendors) in product engineering and professional services, the Bangalore-based Sonata accelerates time-to-market, expands access to newer markets, increases product adoption and extends product lifespan.
“The Coalfire deal reinforces our position as a leader in delivering cutting edge solutions to clients in the product engineering services space. The technologies we will use to develop the platform will enhance our capability to deliver scalable SaaS (software as a service) solutions for the emerging cloud services era,” Reddy added
- Aditi Technologies acquires US cloud computing firm - Nov 21, 2011
- Sonata Software forms joint venture in Qatar - Dec 21, 2011
- Wipro joins Google's cloud platform - Aug 27, 2012
- Wipro unveils cloud solution for HR processes - Jan 23, 2012
- Essar unleashes cloud power with Windows Azure - Apr 30, 2012
- Wipro bags customer excellence award - Nov 29, 2011
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- Microsoft launches Office 365 in India - Jun 30, 2011
- Microsoft launches Microsoft Dynamics AX for retail in India - Feb 28, 2011
- Parity, Sonata Software announce strategic agreement - Aug 25, 2009
- US venture fund invests $15 million in Indian IT firm - Feb 15, 2012
- TCS unveils cloud-computing solution in Karnataka - Mar 12, 2011
- Intel chips to power servers for cloud computing - Jul 15, 2011
- Virtual classroom solution, location-based mobile service get Microsoft awards - Jun 07, 2012
- Virtualisation poses challenges to disaster recovery plans: study - Dec 25, 2010
Tags: assessment services, compliance management, conscious leaders, cutting edge solutions, education government, independent software vendors, kennet, microsoft technologies, microsoft tools, offshore centre, offshore development centre, product engineering, regulatory compliance, retail financial services, sonata, sonata software ltd, source provider, strategic partner, time to market, westby