‘Son of Sardaar’ doesn’t hurt anybody’s sentiments: AjayAugust 30th, 2012 - 1:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 30 (IANS) Actor Ajay Devgn has come out in defence of his upcoming film “Son of Sardaar” saying that the content of the film projects the Sikh community in a positive manner and it will not hurt anyone’s sentiment.
The All India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF) Tuesday urged the clergy to take action against the actor-producer, alleging that “Son of Sardaar” shows Sikhs in a bad light. The comedy has been co-produced by Viacom 18 Motion Pictures and Ajay Devgn Films.
“My film ‘Son of Sardaar’ does not hurt anybody’s sentiments. I’m from Punjab and I have lot of respect for the community and culture as anyone else and the last thing I would do is to hurt anyone. In fact, I’m very proud of the community,” Ajay said in a statement.
Ajay insists that the film, directed by Ashwini Dhir, has been made under the guidence of “knowledgeable people”.
“At no point you will find any element of disrespect. The protagonist of the film is a Sardaar so the film will showcase a very positive projection of the community. If you could just wait for the release and then come up with your comments and opinion. Trust me, we all will be proud of the film,” said the 43-year-old, whose roots are in Amritsar.
Slated for Nov 13 release, “Son of Sardaar” also features Sonakshi Sinha and Sanjay Dutt.
- 'Son Of Sardaar' to release Nov 13 - Apr 10, 2012
- Sikh body wants action against Ajay Devgn - Aug 29, 2012
- Ajay Devgn agrees to cut objectionable dialogue from 'Son of Sardar' - Sep 04, 2012
- Akshay gives 'Son of Sardar' title to Ajay - Aug 23, 2011
- Salman to shoot 'Son Of Sardar' item song by July-end - Jun 11, 2012
- Expect fireworks at Bollywood box office this Diwali - Sep 02, 2012
- Juhi, Sonakshi go on shopping spree at Patiala (Snippets) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sonakshi Sinha homesick, dad pays a surprise visit (With Image) - Sep 07, 2012
- SRK wishes Riteish for production innings (Movie Snippets) - Sep 14, 2012
- Sonakshi hurts eye while filming song - Jul 25, 2012
- Opposition mounts to Amitabh's plea on anti-Sikh riots - Dec 16, 2011
- When Ajay bumped into Sachin (With Image) - May 31, 2012
- It's unconventional love story for Sonakshi, Ranveer - Oct 25, 2011
- Trying innovative ideas full of struggle: Shirish (Movie Snippets) - Aug 29, 2012
- May take up singing in future: Juhi - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: amritsar, clergy, dhir, disrespect, guidence, motion pictures, mumbai, protagonist, punjab, roots, sanjay dutt, sentiment, sentiments, showcase, sikh community, sikh students, sikhs, sinha, upcoming film, viacom