Son of kidney racket accused commits suicideJune 28th, 2008 - 6:58 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, June 28 (IANS) Vikas Nagar, whose father Rajendra Nagar is accused of being involved in a kidney racket, committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan Saturday morning in Ujjain town of Madhya Pradesh, police said. The police Ujjain Friday busted an illegal kidney trade racket and arrested four people, including Rajendra Nagar.
“Rajendra was arrested from a hotel with fake rubber stamps and papers when the police conducted search operations on the eve of President Pratibha Patil’s visit to the town,” Superintendent of Police Manmeet Singh Narang told IANS over phone.
The accused, according to the police, used to lure poor people, mostly those in government hospitals, promising treatment at better places free of cost.
“They would get unsuspecting people admitted to a private nursing home where their kidneys would be taken out. The racket is believed to have links in Chennai, Ahmedabad, Coimbatore and Indore,” Narang said.
Police suspect Soni Nadiad and Vinod Patel of Ahmedabad as masterminds for whom Rajendra used to work.
Vikas, the police said, had high-profile connections and might have feared loss of his social standing after the arrest of his father in the kidney racket.
- Kidney racket busted in Madhya Pradesh - Jun 28, 2008
- Woman arrested with fake stamps - May 29, 2012
- Six hospitals under scanner for illegal Kidney racket - Jun 30, 2008
- Three held for murdering 14-year-old boy - Jan 01, 2011
- Immigration racket busted, three held in Delhi - Oct 23, 2011
- Rs.4 million IPL betting racket busted in Chhattisgarh - Apr 03, 2010
- Counterfeit currency racket busted in Delhi - Sep 25, 2010
- Two thrown out of train, one dies - May 14, 2012
- Three held for betting on cricket match - May 28, 2011
- 25 students arrested for fake friendship club - May 14, 2011
- Two arrested for selling their kidneys in Madhya Pradesh - Jul 14, 2008
- Medical student's body exhumed in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 29, 2012
- Sex racket busted in Haryana town, 19 held - Jul 16, 2011
- Two arrested for cheating engineers - Sep 18, 2012
- Fake visa racket busted, three held - Nov 24, 2010