Son kills father over Rs.1,000 (Lead)August 12th, 2008 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Aug 12 (IANS) A son stabbed his father to death in Jharkhand after being denied Rs.1,000, the police said Tuesday. The incident occurred in Pandarpala village in Dhanbad district, some 240 km from here, Monday evening.
Ganesh Pandit, 25, demanded Rs.1,000 from his father Murlidhar, a retired employee of Bharat Coking Coal Ltd (BCCL), to get a suit stitched. When his father refused, Ganesh pushed him to the ground and stabbed him with a sharp edged weapon. The father died on the spot.
Ganesh was found in the house sitting beside the body of his father. He was arrested and the weapon seized.
According to the police, Ganesh was unemployed and had earlier asked his father for Rs.100,000 to buy an auto rickshaw. Squabbles over money were said to be frequent between father and son. The police alleged that Ganesh was a drug addict.
- Son kills father for Rs.1,000 - Aug 12, 2008
- Rs.100 crore seized from accounts of contractor, kin - Nov 24, 2011
- Three illegal coal miners die in Jharkhand - Aug 13, 2010
- Mining, railways hit hard in Jharkhand due to power failure - Jul 31, 2012
- Coal giant looks at huge losses amid closure orders - Aug 24, 2011
- Three killed in Jharkhand police firing (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Two killed in Jharkhand police firing (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 27, 2011
- Jharkhand stops land acquisition for BCCL - Mar 23, 2012
- Boy of 13 beaten to death for coal theft in Jharkhand - Oct 07, 2011
- Two killed in Jharkhand police firing - Apr 27, 2011
- Four killed in Jharkhand police firing, curfew imposed (Third Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Five injured in mine blast in Jharkhand - May 14, 2009
- Curfew imposed in Dhanbad after clash during anti-encroachment drive - Apr 28, 2011
- Mine fire threatened Jharia will vote for rehabilitation - Nov 23, 2009
- Munda seeks report in suspected Maoist's custodial death - Nov 18, 2010