Son kills father for Rs.1,000August 12th, 2008 - 1:23 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Aug 12 (IANS) A son stabbed his father to death in Jharkhand upon being denied Rs.1,000, police said Tuesday. The incident occurred in Pandarpala village of Dhanbad district, some 240 km from here Monday evening.
Ganesh Pandit, 25, demanded Rs.1,000 from his father Murlidhar, a retired employee of Bharat Coking Coal Limited (BCCL) to get a suit stitched. When his father refused, Ganesh pushed Murlidhar to the ground and stabbed him with a sharp edged weapon, police said.
Murlidhar died on the spot.
The neighbours informed police about the incident. Ganesh was found in the house sitting beside the body of his father. He was arrested and the weapon seized.
According to the police, Ganesh was unemployed and had earlier asked his father for Rs.100,000 to buy an auto rickshaw. Squabbles over money is said to have been common between father and son. The police also alleged Ganesh was a drug addict.
The victim’s body has been sent for post mortem examination.
- Son kills father over Rs.1,000 (Lead) - Aug 12, 2008
- Rs.100 crore seized from accounts of contractor, kin - Nov 24, 2011
- Boy of 13 beaten to death for coal theft in Jharkhand - Oct 07, 2011
- Valentine's Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates - Feb 17, 2012
- Three illegal coal miners die in Jharkhand - Aug 13, 2010
- Three killed in Jharkhand police firing (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Malaysian man killed for filming neighbour having sex with wife - Apr 21, 2011
- V-Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Two killed in Jharkhand police firing (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 27, 2011
- Three killed by lightning in Jharkhand - May 27, 2011
- Munda seeks report in suspected Maoist's custodial death - Nov 18, 2010
- Two killed in Jharkhand police firing - Apr 27, 2011
- Four killed in Jharkhand police firing, curfew imposed (Third Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Five injured in mine blast in Jharkhand - May 14, 2009
- Mining, railways hit hard in Jharkhand due to power failure - Jul 31, 2012