Son gets life for murdering parents, auntFebruary 16th, 2009 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Feb 16 (IANS) A court in Punjab Monday sentenced a youth and his two friends to life imprisonment for murdering his parents and aunt three years ago.
Pawandeep Singh, who worked in a call centre in Gurgaon in Haryana, and his friends Anil Tyagi and Ravikant Tyagi were convicted by court Feb 12 for the gruesome triple murder.
According to the prosecution, Pawandeep reached Chandigarh Feb 6, 2006 from Gurgaon along with his two accomplices whom he promised to give a large sum of money for helping him kill his parents.
On reaching his house in Sector-34 here, Pawandeep knocked at the door and as soon as his father T.P. Singh opened the door, he fired three shots at him.
When his mother Shibani Singh came out, she was stabbed repeatedly on her throat and eyes. Pawandeep’s aunt, Ajit Kaur’s head was smashed with a heavy flower vase, the prosecution said.
After committing the crime, the three men left for Delhi. Pawandeep was arrested from a village in Nagaland Feb 13, 2006. He confessed to his crime before the police and said his father had threatened to disown him from the property because of his behaviour.
The two other accused were arrested Feb 23, 2006 from Okha town in Gujarat.
- Woman doctor, priest get life for judge's murder - Mar 30, 2012
- Haryana twin murder: Weapons not traced - Apr 21, 2011
- Gurgaon woman's husband held for her murder - Mar 14, 2011
- Crimes in showbiz: Who's to blame? - Apr 23, 2012
- Ex-naval officer found guilty of TV executive's killing - Jun 30, 2011
- Aarushi murder: Court rejects father's request for papers (Second Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Ex-cop talks of bid to doctor Aarushi's autopsy report - Aug 30, 2012
- Probe lapses not fatal to case if guilt proved: SC - Aug 02, 2012
- Justice not given to Grover family: Raza Murad - Jul 04, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh minister named in attempt to murder case - Jun 02, 2011
- Irked at illicit relationship, sons shoot mother-paramour dead - Jun 15, 2012
- Kurukshetra University president's killer held in Gurgaon - Apr 05, 2012
- Man gets life term for brother-in-law's murder - Apr 24, 2011
- Rs.1,500 for three kids? Court hikes maintenance - May 29, 2011
- Devon Griffin thought that his slain family was a Halloween joke - Nov 02, 2010