Somnath Chatterjee visits Dasmunsi in hospitalFebruary 28th, 2009 - 6:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 28 (IANS) Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee Saturday visited Information and Broadcasting Minister Priyaranjan Dasmunsi, who is undergoing treatment at Apollo Hospital here.
The speaker wished him a speedy recovery, said a release from the Lok Sabha press and public relations department.
Dasmunsi, 63, suffered a second cardiac attack in October last year and his brain has reportedly become dysfunctional.
In his last address to the 14th Lok Sabha Thursday, the speaker had made a special mention about Dasmunsi, describing him as “my dear and young friend” and extended best wishes to him for a speedy and complete recovery.
According to doctors, Dasmunsi has been taken off the life support system.
American neurologist Den Henley from Johns Hopkins University was flown in for expert advice on the recommendation of the Congress leader’s family doctor.
- Bengal industry minister meets Somnath Chatterjee - Jun 21, 2011
- Dasmunsi cannot recognise people, condition remains critical - Feb 10, 2009
- Missed Sonia in Lok Sabha: Speaker - Sep 08, 2011
- Panjab University to honour Khushwant, Somnath Chatterjee - Sep 27, 2010
- Dasmunsi''s condition continues to be critical - Oct 25, 2008
- Indian parliament pays tribute to tsunami victims (Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- India has got a very able president: Somnath - Jul 22, 2012
- PM offers to fly in doctors for Jyoti Basu (Second Lead) - Jan 07, 2010
- OK if Somnath campaigns for CPI-M, says Yechury - Apr 15, 2011
- "Serious" Dasmunsi kept on ventilator - Oct 14, 2008
- Manmohan, Kalam or Somnath for president: SP, Trinamool - Jun 13, 2012
- Basu's ventilation support reduced, 'anxious' PM visits (Roundup) - Jan 07, 2010
- Dasmunsi shifted to Apollo hospital from AIIMS - Oct 20, 2008
- Somnath happy with Akhilesh becoming chief minister - Mar 10, 2012
- Political leaders wish for PM's speedy recovery - Jan 23, 2009