Some career women still enjoy doing household choresApril 17th, 2011 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, April 17 (IANS) Some career women in Australia still enjoy doing household chores, a study reveals.
Over 600 career women in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne participated in the Wringing Out the Future survey that was carried out by the University of Western Sydney.
The results showed most of the respondents would rather cook and do the laundry themselves than get someone else to do it, AAP reported.
“Despite some Australian women working up to 70 hours a week, 45 percent also managed to squeeze in an average of 10 hours per week of housework,” Gwyneth Howell, the study’s coordinator from UWS’s school of communication, was quoted as saying.
Over 85 percent of the respondents said they did most of the work at home and they did not begrudge their partners being comparatively less involved.
“Far from begrudging the time spent completing these household tasks, some progressive women even enjoy them,” said Howell.
Eighty-five percent of them said that they didn’t want their partner to help out with the laundry, as they caused mistakes like mixing delicate clothing with jeans.
However, nearly 50 percent made it clear they would pay for a cleaner if they could afford to and 18 percent said they would be happy to have some else to do the ironing.
- Working Aussie women refusing to share workload at home - Apr 17, 2011
- Most British women like doing housework - Nov 14, 2010
- 70 pc of Brit women like doing housework - Nov 13, 2010
- 82pc of Brit women still do housework despite fight for equality - Oct 13, 2010
- Wives very well know when you turn a deaf ear - Jun 21, 2011
- Women still work double shifts, as men offer no help: Study - Oct 27, 2010
- Men do more work at home than given credit for - Mar 14, 2010
- Kids may be killing your marital joy - Jul 03, 2012
- 59pct men 'go deaf' when asked to do chores - Jul 20, 2009
- 3 out of 4 women don't like to purchase 'dry clean only' clothing - Jan 16, 2011
- 'New Man' theory is a lie as women still do lion's share of chores - Aug 29, 2010
- Working women tell husbands they're useless to feel more feminine: Study - Nov 23, 2009
- Household chores can send BP soaring! - Jan 14, 2011
- Women ignore men's household work - Mar 12, 2010
- 'Men can stop divorce by helping wives in household chores' - May 31, 2010