Soldiers thrash policemen in KathuaSeptember 11th, 2012 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Sep 11 (IANS) Army soldiers at Kathua railway station late Monday night assaulted policemen and injured over half-a-dozen of them before boarding a train, police sources said Tuesday.
They said that a soldier at Kathua railway station, about 90 km south of Jammu, had an altercation with a policemen who objected to him unplugging the metal detector at the railway station to charge his mobile phone.
Police took the soldier to the railway police station.
Other armymen present at the station went to the police station and beat up the policemen. “Six policemen were injured in the assault. One of them is in a serious condition,” a senior police officer in Kathua said.
He added that police have registered a case against two identified army personnel — Lt. M.U. Khan and sepoy Deepak Kumar.
The army has so far refused to comment on the incident.
- Soldier kills colleague in Kashmir - Mar 25, 2011
- Indian Army arrests Pakistani soldier in Jammu - Jul 12, 2012
- Nyoma violence: No mutiny, only indiscipline, says army - May 12, 2012
- Dozens of Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers - Mar 31, 2012
- Flash floods hit parts of Jammu region - Aug 04, 2012
- Three killed, 30 injured in Kashmir accident - Apr 18, 2012
- Army soldier, two terrorists killed in Rajouri gunbattle - Aug 16, 2010
- Roof-top passengers clash with police - Jul 29, 2010
- One soldier killed in Kashmir - Jul 07, 2012
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
Tags: altercation, army personnel, army soldiers, deepak kumar, half a dozen, jammu, lt, metal detector, mobile phone, monday night, phone police, police officer, police sources, police station, policemen, railway police, railway station, soldier, train police