Soldier thrown out of moving train, critically injuredApril 20th, 2009 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, April 20 (IANS) A soldier of the Indian Army was thrown out of a moving train in Bihar’s Aurangabad district by criminals when he resisted their attempt to loot him early Monday morning. He was admitted in hospital in a critical condition, police sources said.
Manmohan Mohanty was thrown out of the Neelanchal Express between Baghoi and Thesar railway stations in Aurangabad. He was going to Balasore in Orissa.
Police sources said that Mohanty was posted in Leh in Jammu and Kashmir.
Some local villagers found him in an unconscious condition and admitted him to a government hospital in Aurangabad for treatment. Later the district administration shifted him to a hospital in Gaya.
- Train passengers robbed in Bihar - Jul 06, 2012
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Maoists torch two trucks in Bihar - Jun 17, 2011
- Violent protests rock Bihar for third day - Jun 03, 2012
- Armed dacoits rob train in Bihar, 13 injured - Aug 06, 2010
- Maoists attack legislator's house, blast another's in Bihar - Mar 17, 2011
- Maoists kill CRPF trooper in Bihar - Sep 09, 2012
- Maoists torch vehicles, blast mobile tower in Bihar - Mar 15, 2011
- Encephalitis toll rises to 18 - Jun 04, 2012
- Farmers protest shortage of urea in Bihar - Sep 13, 2011
- Strike hits normal life in parts of Bihar - May 22, 2012
- Maoists hoist black flags in Bihar - Aug 15, 2012
- Cold wave in Bihar ends encephalitis epidemic - Dec 27, 2011
- Maoists strike Bihar railway station - Jun 16, 2011
- Suspected brain disease kills five in Bihar - Sep 10, 2011