Soldier shoots daughter, kills selfAugust 12th, 2008 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, Aug 12 (IANS) A soldier committed suicide by jumping before a train after shooting his daughter by mistake early Tuesday in a village in Agra district, the police said. The soldier, identified only as Anil, had planned to spend Rs.400,000 on his daughter’s marriage. His wife Veera thought if so much money was spent on the wedding, nothing would be left for the other children.
Anil apparently lost his cool after a heated exchanges with his wife Monday night in Kiraoli tehsil. He brought out his rifle to shoot his wife but Neelam, his daughter, came in the way as he fired and got killed.
After cremating her, Anil ran towards the railway track and threw himself before the Kota Passenger train to end his life in remorse.
- Two killed, seven injured in Agra truck crash - May 11, 2012
- Man commits suicide after killing wife, sister-in-law - Jun 14, 2011
- Veera Bahu Thanks Director Gautham Menon For Signing Him After Six years! - Dec 30, 2010
- Bollywood veteran Joy Mukherjee dead (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Bollywood bids adieu to Joy - Mar 10, 2012
- Agra has first monsoon showers, plunges in darkness - Jul 06, 2012
- Train runs over husband, wife - Nov 06, 2011
- Yamuna nears danger mark in Agra - Aug 28, 2010
- Man attacks wife, mother-in-law, kills self - Jul 06, 2011
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Jobless Italian throws kids from balcony, kills self - May 21, 2012
- Trooper kills colleague, wife - Sep 24, 2011
- Yamuna above danger mark in Agra - Aug 21, 2011
- Thanks to Sonam, Anil Kapoor gets invited to fashion events - Sep 10, 2012
- Engineer kills wife, three others, self - Aug 28, 2011