Soldier shoots colleague, arrestedMay 6th, 2008 - 10:10 pm ICT by admin
Jammu, May 6 (IANS) A soldier shot dead a junior commissioned officer (JCO) after a verbal altercation at a brigade headquarters at Narian in the border district of Rajouri Tuesday, an army officer said. The incident took place at 39 Mountain Brigade headquarter.
The soldier, identified as Inderjit Singh, shot dead JCO Lal Bhadhur Singh in a fit of anger after they had a heated exchange of words. The reason for their verbal altercation was not immediately known.
The soldier has been arrested and a Court of Inquiry has been ordered, said Lt. Col. S.D. Goswami, army spokesperson.
Such incidents are said to be related to the stress faced by the soldiers in the conflict situation that is prevailing in Jammu and Kashmir with men often being denied leave and being made to work long hours.
- Dhoni visits border areas in Kashmir - Jun 02, 2012
- Dhoni meets soldiers on Kashmir border (Lead,With Image) - Jun 02, 2012
- Eleven army personnel killed in Kashmir avalanches (Second Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Soldier kills colleague in Kashmir - Mar 25, 2011
- Soldiers thrash policemen in Kathua - Sep 11, 2012
- Indian Army soldier sets power hang gliding record - Feb 17, 2012
- Soldier shoots colleagues before killing himself - Dec 12, 2010
- Army unit standoff raised in parliament, PM bars debate (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Lt. Gen. S.K Singh to be next army vice chief - Oct 10, 2011
- Nyoma violence: No mutiny, only indiscipline, says army - May 12, 2012
- Last veteran of 1971 war Gen. Ghosh retires - May 31, 2012
- 30 hurt as youth clash with soldiers in Rajouri - Jul 14, 2010
- Army chief visits Srinagar - Mar 28, 2012
- Colombian soldier snaps, kills three comrades - Sep 01, 2012
- Dhoni to spend time with soldiers in Kashmir - Jun 01, 2012