Soldier dies after being set ablaze by wife, in-laws in BiharFebruary 19th, 2009 - 2:28 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Feb 19 (IANS) A soldier was killed after being set ablaze Wednesday night by his wife and in-laws in a Bihar town following a family dispute, police said Thursday.
Sunil Kumar, 22, was allegedly set on fire by his wife and in-laws at Yadavnagar in Muzaffarpur district, about 70 km from here, following a heated exchange over a family dispute.
“The army man came to his in-laws’ house to convince his wife to return to his village in Darbhanga district but she refused,” police sources said.
According to the police, Kumar’s in-laws poured kerosene over him when he was sleeping and set him ablaze. He died on the spot.
His wife and mother-in-law also sustained some burn injuries. Police suspect they sustained these injuries during a scuffle.
Police have interrogated Kumar’s wife and in-laws and are likely to arrest them.
- Class 4 kid sets junior on fire in Bihar - Sep 17, 2011
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Tripura trooper guns down five of family - Apr 28, 2012
- Manhunt continues for killer Tripura trooper - Apr 28, 2012
- Husband, wife commit suicide - Jan 25, 2012
- Man throws acid on family members, kills himself - Dec 28, 2010
- Eight injured as rival Bengal security forces clash - Mar 02, 2012
- Husband on the run after setting pregnant wife on fire - Nov 19, 2009
- Woman forced into prostitution by husband ends life - Apr 16, 2012
- Nitish Kumar to raise arrest of terror suspect with centre - May 08, 2012
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Dumb woman killed, body chopped in Bihar - Apr 17, 2012
- Rape victim succumbs to burn injuries - Apr 18, 2012
- Woman hanged, beaten, burnt on pyre - Oct 24, 2011
- Flames, hot tongs kill woman visiting quack - Apr 13, 2011