Sohrabuddin case: Order on cop’s bail plea reservedAugust 26th, 2011 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Aug 26 (IANS) A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court here Friday reserved its order on the bail plea of former Gujarat deputy superintendent of police N.K. Amin - an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh case - till Sep 16.
“Special CBI judge R.M. Parmar was to pronounce the order on the bail plea today (Friday). But he has reserved the order till Sep 16,” said Jagdish Ramani, Amin’s lawyer.
According to the CBI chargesheet, Amin, though he was not posted with the Anti- Terrorist Squad (ATS), was in constant touch with other accused — police officers like D.G. Vanzara and Rajkumar Pandian and Amit Shah, the then minister of state for home during the period when Sohrabuddin was killed in an allegedly staged gunfight in November 2005.
Earlier, Amin has offered to become an approver in the case. But eight accused in the fake encounter case, including three suspended Indian Police Service (IPS) officers - Vanzara, Dinesh M.N. and Pandian - objected.
Amin was termed as a key witness by the CBI in their various submissions in the high court and the Supreme Court in the case.
- Sohrabuddin killing: high court sends cop's plea to CBI court - Oct 07, 2010
- Sohrabuddin killing: Decision on cop's plea to turn approver Oct 7 - Sep 27, 2010
- Sohrabuddin killing: Court questions Amin's co-accused - Sep 01, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case accused cop seeks temporary bail - Dec 02, 2010
- Sohrabuddin killing: CBI report in apex court by July 31 - Jul 27, 2010
- CBI court refers Amin's approver plea to high court - Aug 26, 2010
- Court rejects objection to Gujarat cop's plea to turn approver - Oct 28, 2010
- CBI supports Amin's approver plea in court - Sep 14, 2010
- IPS officer seeks bail in Gujarat fake gun battle case - Apr 17, 2010
- Amin's bid to turn approver may not be a cakewalk - Jul 27, 2010
- Amin's approver plea opposed by co-accused - Jul 27, 2010
- Amin's approver plea opposed by Vanzara, other co-accused (Lead) - Jul 27, 2010
- Sohrabuddin case: Amin's approver plea to come up Nov 15 - Nov 02, 2010
- IPS officer's bail plea rejected in Sohrabuddin case - May 03, 2010
- Amin's plea to turn approver adjourned till Aug 10 - Aug 03, 2010
Tags: amin, amit shah, approver, bail plea, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, constant touch, cop, deputy superintendent, encounter, gujarat, gunfight, indian police service, key witness, lawyer, minister of state, pandian, parmar, police officers, rajkumar