Soft drinks send 30 children to hospitalSeptember 15th, 2008 - 2:55 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 15 (IANS) At least 30 children were hospitalised as they fell ill after drinking branded cold drinks at a fair organised in Uttar Pradesh’s Unnao district, police said Monday.”Condition of all the 30 children is still serious,” Police Inspector Anand Kumar Verma told IANS on phone.
Late night, the children complained of severe stomach ache and started vomiting after which they were rushed to the hospital. The incident took place Sunday night here in Oonchgaon village, where the fair is organised on a regular basis. Unnao is over 50 km from Lucknow.
The stock of cold drinks sold in the fair has been seized and sent for testing. “There can be possibility that to attract the village children, the stall owners in the fair had filled the branded cold drink bottles with soft drinks prepared in unhygienic conditions,” said Verma.
- Spurious liquor kills four in Bihar, three held (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Spurious liquor kills three in Bihar - Jul 11, 2011
- 60 children fall ill after mid-day meal - Sep 14, 2011
- 37 seminary students hospitalised in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 21, 2011
- Around 200 children fall sick due to food poisoning in Allahabad - Feb 27, 2011
- Students hospitalised after consuming iron pills - Sep 20, 2011
- Seven killed in collision - Mar 28, 2011
- Over 100 students fall ill after medication at health camp - Dec 14, 2010
- Ramdev trains guns on Chidambaram - Sep 27, 2011
- 70 schoolkids fall ill after being given iron tablets - Dec 03, 2010
- Sip of death leaves families bereft of hope - Dec 15, 2011
- Woman attempts suicide after killing her kids - Feb 04, 2011
- Death toll from illicit alcohol in eastern India reaches 146 - Dec 15, 2011
- From royal past, itr makes fragrant comeback - May 18, 2011
- Three crushed to death by train - Aug 08, 2011