Sochi Winter Olympics preparations are on, says PutinMay 12th, 2012 - 3:14 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 12 (IANS) Preparations for the 2014 Winter Olympics in the Black Sea resort of Sochi are right on course as scheduled, Russian President Vladimir Putin said.
“Much has been done, so that preparations go according to the schedule,” Putin told a meeting devoted to the Sochi Olympics.
“Before the Olympics, we will hold 47 test events, half of which are at the international level.”
The president named the construction of arenas for hockey and figure skating, skiing and biathlon tracks, skating center and bobsleigh track as priorities, reported Xinhua.
He called it “unacceptable” to shift the deadlines for the construction.
“All obligations (of the contractors) must be fulfilled in time,” Putin demanded, warning that he would have a tougher talk with the contractors behind the doors.
For the Sochi Olympics, 532 sporting venues need be built and 135 of them are planned to be completed in 2012.
The Sochi Winter Olympics will take place Feb 7-23, 2014.
- Fraud case launched over Sochi 2014 Olympic projects - Aug 09, 2012
- Russia unveils new electric train for Sochi Olympics - May 31, 2012
- Russia to form air defence force for Sochi Olympics - Jun 25, 2012
- Six new events for 2014 Winter Olympics - Apr 07, 2011
- 2014 Winter Olympics may include new events - Oct 26, 2010
- Olympics: Late gold rush saves Russia's blushes ahead of Sochi - Aug 13, 2012
- Russia toughens anti-doping regulations - Jun 08, 2011
- Putin, Medvedev take to Sochi slopes to boost 2014 Olympics - Jan 04, 2010
- Putin trains with Russian ice hockey legends - Nov 19, 2011
- Sochi Olympics torch relay to be longest one - Aug 13, 2012
- Human Rights Watch criticises Putin presidential bid - Jan 23, 2012
- Ski Halfpipe to be part of 2014 Olympics - Apr 07, 2011
- A race in Moscow would benefit F1: Fisichella - Jun 06, 2012
- Russia allocates $19 mn more for sports infrastructure - Nov 16, 2011
- Russians to watch London Olympics on street screens - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: 2014 winter olympics, arenas, biathlon, black sea resort of sochi, doors, moscow, olympics, place feb, president vladimir putin, priorities, russian president vladimir, russian president vladimir putin, sea resort, skating center, skiing, sochi olympics, test events, vladimir putin, winter olympics, xinhua