Snowfall likely in Himachal on New Year’s DayDecember 30th, 2011 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Dec 30 (IANS) The hills of Himachal Pradesh may experience rain and snowfall on the first day of 2012, a weather official said here Friday.
“There are chances of rain and snow at some places in the state on the first day of the new year,” meteorological office director Manmohan Singh told IANS.
He said the western disturbances are likely to be active for two days from Sunday.
On Friday, an intense cold wave saw most parts of the state shivering with popular tourist resort Manali at a biting minus 2 degrees Celsius.
The night temperature in Keylong, the headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, was minus 7.5 degrees. Kalpa in Kinnaur district recorded a low of minus 3 degrees while the temperature was minus 0.6 degree in Solan town and 4.2 degrees in Dharamsala.
Shimla recorded a minimum of 4.4 degrees.
- Himachal shivers, but Shimla slightly warmer - Dec 16, 2011
- Himachal's Keylong sees season's heaviest snow - Mar 05, 2012
- Mercury plummets across Himachal Pradesh - Jan 21, 2012
- Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali - Mar 08, 2012
- It's snowing Valentine's fun in Himachal - Feb 13, 2012
- Himachal shivers, Shimla has season's coldest night - Jan 06, 2012
- Himachal braces for rain, snow - Jan 02, 2012
- Icy winds sweep Himachal towns - Dec 26, 2011
- Fresh snow in Himachal, cold wave unabated - Feb 04, 2012
- Snow, rain continue in Himachal - Feb 14, 2012
- Sunny, but nippy day in Himachal - Feb 15, 2012
- More snow in Himachal, high alert in state (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Shimla, Manali get snowfall, mercury dips (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- Rain but no snow in Himachal on New Year's Day - Jan 01, 2012
- Manali wrapped up in white blanket - Dec 10, 2011
Tags: chances of rain, cold wave, himachal, manali, manmohan, manmohan singh, meteorological office, new year, night temperature, office director, rain and snow, shimla, snowfall, spiti, tourist resort, weather