Snatching victim dies in ChandigarhJuly 16th, 2011 - 1:30 am ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 15 (IANS) A 47-year-old nurse, who had sustained serious injuries while trying to save her purse from motor-cycle borne snatchers, succumbed to her injuries here, police said Friday.
Navdeep Kaur was admitted to the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) here. Incidentally she was a senior nurse there.
Navdeep was riding pillion on a scooter with her husband July 6, when two assailants tried to snatch her purse.
“Navdeep did not loosen her grip and fell off the scooter. She sustained serious internal injuries. After fighting for life, she died late Thursday. We are trying to nab the accused,” said a police official.
This is the second case of 2011, where a snatching victim has lost life.
NRI Mubarak Hassan was stabbed March 20 while he was trying to save his wife from snatchers. He also succumbed to injuries later.
- NRI killed while saving wife's jewellery in Chandigarh - Mar 21, 2011
- Acid attack on Chandigarh woman for alleged affair - Jun 09, 2010
- Two injured as chain snatcher opens fire in Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Delhi's bike-borne chain snatchers - targeting the vulnerable - Mar 30, 2011
- Woman Congress leader shot dead in Mumbai - Oct 29, 2011
- Woman kills daughter's boyfriend in Patna - Jul 11, 2011
- A death that gave life to five people - Apr 21, 2011
- Man fired at after bid to snatch mother's gold chain - Nov 04, 2011
- Youths assault Chandigarh cops, one held - May 18, 2010
- Chain-snatchers fire at pursuing youth - Sep 02, 2011
- Couple shot dead in Haryana city, attacker arrested (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Week after leg crushed by bus, girl dies - Jul 24, 2012
- Cop fails to save stab victim, catches killer - Apr 17, 2012
- Illicit affair drives man to hatch his wife's killing - Dec 17, 2009