Smuggled liquor seized in GhaziabadFebruary 9th, 2012 - 11:46 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Feb 9 (IANS) A large stock of liquor, intended to be used to woo voters in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh, was seized in Ghaziabad and two people were held, police said Thursday.
Checking vehicles, the Kavinagar police noticed a truck going towards Hapur and stopped it on suspicion. On checking it, police found 150 cartons of various brands of liquor.
During interrogation, the truck’s driver Nawab Ali and his helper Islam said they were transporting the liquor from Haryana to Moradabad city in Uttar Pradesh.
Circle Officer II Praveen Ranjan Singh said police received information that the liquor was being smuggled from Haryana to the state to woo voters, and a team was set up to nab the smugglers.
- Seven arrested for smuggling illicit liquor - Apr 14, 2012
- Haryana police recover 1,062 liquor cases - Apr 22, 2011
- 8,500 bottles of smuggled liquor seized, two held - Sep 10, 2010
- 750 liquor cartons on way to Gujarat seized, one held - Aug 21, 2010
- Police nab criminal who fled custody - Jan 10, 2012
- Haryana police seize 500 cartons of smuggled liquor - Sep 07, 2010
- Two held with 380 liquor cartons in Chandigarh - Oct 20, 2010
- Businessman shot in Ghaziabad - Feb 03, 2012
- Nine killed in two road accidents in Ghaziabad - Nov 06, 2011
- Accused in Ghaziabad wedding shooting held - Jan 10, 2012
- 350 rare birds rescued in Ghaziabad - Jul 29, 2011
- Elderly woman killed by robbers - Dec 20, 2011
- Two held for Uttar Pradesh cop's killing - Oct 27, 2011
- Man held for supplying illicit liquor - May 06, 2011
- Roadways bus looted in Ghaziabad - Mar 28, 2011