Small films bigger than Rs.100 crore grossers: PriyankaJune 19th, 2012 - 4:46 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 19 (IANS) Priyanka Chopra’s “Don 2: The King Is Back” and “Agneepath” managed to mint over Rs.100 crore ($22 million) at the box office, but she hails the small budget wonders that have rocked the industry in recent times.
“I’m happy that two films of mine - ‘Don 2′ and ‘Agneepath’ saw that figure (Rs.100 crore) but there have been a lot of small films as well which, according to ratio, have been bigger hits than most Rs.100 crore films - be it ‘The Dirty Picture’ or ‘Kahaani’, ‘Ishaqzaade’ or ‘Vicky Donor’,” Priyanka said here.
Asked if her forthcoming film “Teri Meri Kahaani” will be able to cross the big figure, she said: “It doesn’t mean that only a film that makes Rs.100 crore is a hit. We just hope people like our film and the numbers will follow.”
Priyanka spoke on the sidelines of a special screening of “Teri Meri Kahaani”, directed by Kunal Kohli.
The release of the movie clashes with Anurag Kashyap’s “Gangs Of Wasseypur” Friday, but its male lead Shahid Kapoor says it’s not a reason to get worried.
“There’s enough place for two films, our films are very different. So I don’t think such issues should be there. I wish them all the best and hope their film also does very well,” said Shahid.
Shahid also hopes the the audiences appreciates his pairing with Priyanka once again after “Kaminey”.
“People really liked us in ‘Kaminey’ even though we had just eight scenes together and here we have 70 scenes together. So really looking forward to see how audience reacts to it,” the 31-year-old said.
- Priyanka urges people to watch cousin's 'Ishaqzaade' - Apr 08, 2012
- Watch love, crime sagas this weekend (IANS Preview) - Jun 19, 2012
- For Pooja Bhatt, 'Jism 2' director-proof script (Movie Snippets) - Jun 10, 2012
- 'Teri Meri...' pays tribute to 1960s movie legends - May 29, 2012
- Success more dangerous than failure: Shahid Kapoor (Interview) - May 20, 2012
- Shahid-Priyanka chemistry in 'Teri Meri...' better than 'Kaminey' - Apr 12, 2012
- Doing 'shayari' made me nervous: Shahid Kapoor - Apr 06, 2012
- Bollywood report card: Small films boost box office - Jun 18, 2012
- Despite shoe bites, Shahid shoots 'Teri Meri Kahaani' (With Image) - May 22, 2012
- I am unemployed: Shahid Kapoor - Jan 23, 2012
- Neha Sharma is Shahid's love interest in 'Teri Meri Kahaani' - May 12, 2012
- Shahid, Priyanka travel by Mumbai local train - Jun 14, 2012
- I like to stay in my own bubble: Priyanka Chopra - Mar 23, 2012
- 'Kaali' is the soul of 'Agneepath': Priyanka - Dec 28, 2011
- Bhandarkar amused over 'Fashion' copyright case (Movie Snippets) - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,