‘Slumdog…’ team not confident of Oscar sweep: Anil KapoorFebruary 15th, 2009 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 15 (IANS) Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor, who stars in Danny Boyle’s underdog drama “Slumdog Millionaire”, has revealed that the movie’s team is “not feeling confident” for the Oscar ceremony Feb 22 despite 10 nominations.
The actor stressed that the “Slumdog Millionaire” team are “completely humbled by the love people have for the film and the awards they’ve got already”, reports contactmusic.com.
“We’ve always been the underdogs. None of us really feel confident, we are just very grateful to all the fans and to at least be nominated,” he was quoted as saying.
“To be honest, wherever we’ve gone, we’ve gone not expecting anything. We’re so overawed with what we’ve got and god has always been kind to us. It’s been wonderful,” he added.
Starring debutants Dev Patel and Freida Pinto in the lead, the drama set in Mumbai won seven BAFTA awards last weekend as well as four Golden Globes last month.
Anil plays the host of the Indian version of the TV show “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” in the film.
- Anil Kapoor thrilled about BAFTA - Feb 08, 2012
- Freida to ink $7 mn endorsement deal? - Oct 20, 2011
- Rahman loses BAFTA - Feb 14, 2011
- 'Slumdog...' experience best for Freida - Aug 15, 2011
- First look of Freida Pinto's 'Immortals' released - May 01, 2011
- You get success, then a movie gets ripped off: A.R. Rahman (Interview) - Jan 22, 2011
- Dev Patel rules out working with Freida Pinto again - Jul 06, 2010
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' cast, crew exhilarated - Jan 22, 2009
- Freida Pinto 'overwhelmed by speed to fame' - Mar 27, 2011
- Rahman wins Best Original Song Award in Los Angles - Jan 15, 2011
- Rahman in Oscar run again with two nominations for '127 Hours' - Jan 25, 2011
- Anil Kapoor gives preference to KBC over MI4 - Nov 24, 2010
- Rahman gets BAFTA nomination for '127 Hours' music - Jan 18, 2011
- 'Trishna' a very beautiful yet tragic tale: Freida Pinto (Interview) (With Images) - Jul 15, 2012
- 'The King's Speech' leads BAFTA nominations - Jan 18, 2011