‘Slumdog Millionaire’ made tax free in DelhiFebruary 23rd, 2009 - 3:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 23 (IANS) “Slumdog Millionaire”, which has won as many as eight awards at the Oscars, was Monday granted entertainment tax exemption in Delhi, with Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit saying it had “created history in the field of Indian cinema”.
Dikshit expressed her pleasure over “Slumdog Millionaire” - a film by British director Danny Boyle with India as its backdrop and at its heart - sweeping the 81st Academy Awards.
“This film has earned a special distinction by claiming eight Oscar awards in different categories and hence created history in the field of Indian cinema,” Diskhit said in an official statement.
-Indo-Asian News Service
- Leaders shower praise on Rahman, Pookutty for Oscar glory (Roundup) - Feb 23, 2009
- Rahman hopes 'DAM 999' brings back Oscar - Dec 21, 2011
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' worst film I have seen, says Karnad - Feb 08, 2010
- Boyle dating Dawson? - Aug 05, 2012
- Rahman got one Oscar and then the other one was a bonus: Gulzar - Mar 02, 2011
- 'Peepli Live' - will it make it to Oscars? - Dec 13, 2010
- Resul Pookutty, Boman Irani plan workshops at film festival - Nov 15, 2010
- 'Jai ho' Rahman at Golden Globe nominations again (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
- Oliver Stone says he loves 'prolific' Indian cinema - Oct 28, 2010
- Rahman gets BAFTA nomination for '127 Hours' music - Jan 18, 2011
- Boyle's '127 Hours' to hit Indian screens Jan 28 - Dec 30, 2010
- Danny Boyle to be 2012 Olympic opening director - Jun 17, 2010
- Danny Boyle May Direct The 2012 London Olympics - Jun 09, 2010
- Danny Boyle awarded British Film Institute Fellowship - Oct 28, 2010