Slum children participate in Rajiv Gandhi marathonAugust 31st, 2008 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 31 (IANS) Over 15,000 school children from the slum areas of Delhi participated in the Rajiv Gandhi marathon here Sunday.Puja of Mandoli school ran a brilliant race to win the 15th edition of race that was flagged off by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dixit. Rajani and Sonia took the second and third spot respectively at National Sports Club of India.
In the junior boys, Alim of MCD Pant Nagar romped home victorious while Akash Kumar and Gagandeep took the second and third spot.
The chief minister exhorted every child to work hard in their mental make-up and social structure.
- BJP protests attempts to 'take over' MCD - Apr 09, 2010
- MCD schools see rise in nursery students - Jan 14, 2012
- Behind Bollywood's grease paint, the untold story (This is the fourth in a series by IANS on Bollywood's behind-the-scenes people) - Apr 11, 2011
- Dikshit urges more women representatives in MCD - Apr 22, 2011
- Four killed in road accidents - Sep 04, 2011
- Nepali runner wins world's highest marathon race - May 29, 2012
- Mumbai Marathon: Kenya's Moiben, Ethiopia's Abeyo win (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Dikshit urged to get drinking water in primary schools - Nov 10, 2011
- Free flats for scheduled castes, tribes in Delhi - Sep 19, 2011
- Motorsports: Saleem, Surya, Phaneesh top JK Tyre-MMS Rookie Cup - Apr 29, 2012
- Many slum, civic body-run school kids have worms: Study - Sep 04, 2011
- Muthai, Aselefech win Delhi Half Marathon (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- 'Conditions of MCD schools worst under BJP rule' - Apr 06, 2012
- India's Ashis Roy, 78, completes 108th marathon - Apr 04, 2011
- Focus on slum dwellers' housing, Dikshit tells industries - Aug 05, 2010