Slap criminal cases after CAG expose: Ajit JogiApril 5th, 2012 - 11:00 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 5 (IANS) Senior Chhattisgarh Congress leader Ajit Jogi Thursday called for criminal cases be registered against those in the state government who had caused massive revenue losses by their decisions.
Jogi, a former Chhattisgarh chief minister, made the demand on a report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) that pointed to several lapses that had led to huge revenue losses to the state.
The CAG had in its report Tuesday for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011, said that the state-owned Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corporation (CMDC) accepted lower rates for commercial mining of coal blocks in the state, which had led to a revenue loss of over Rs.1,000 crore. The report has also made adverse comments against several other state-owned corporations such as Chhattisgarh State Industrial Development Corporation (CSIDC).
“Whatever the CAG has said in its report can’t be brushed aside. The state’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government must come clean on the issue and cases be registered against those who took decisions that caused the state the massive revenue loss,” Jogi told reporters.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader in the state and chairman of the CMDC, Gaurishankar Agrawal, offered explanations to media persons Thursday amid growing protests by the Congress and termed the “CAG’s findings about the CMDC unreal.”
- 'Chhattisgarh coal block rates led to Rs. 1,000 crore loss' - Apr 03, 2012
- Chhattisgarh government hauled up over CAG expose - Apr 04, 2012
- BJP gags Chhattisgarh seniors over CAG report - Apr 09, 2012
- Raman Singh defends government in wake of CAG report - Apr 11, 2012
- Congress protest against Chhattisgarh CM turns violent - Sep 04, 2012
- Congress to take Chhattisgarh's coal mining expose to public - Apr 16, 2012
- Congress attacks Gadkari, BJP says charges baseless (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Congress attacks Gadkari - Apr 10, 2012
- Chhattisgarh BJP dares Congress to prove corruption charges - Nov 08, 2011
- PM's defence of coal blocks allocation unconvincing: Advani (Lead) - Sep 02, 2012
- Congress defends decision on coal blocks, slams CAG - Aug 18, 2012
- Under flak, Chavan meets Sonia, PM - Apr 21, 2012
- BJP continues attack on PM on ISRO agreement - Feb 09, 2011
- PM attacks CAG, BJP won't give up (Intro Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Amit Jogi questions delay in CBI appeal (Lead) - May 03, 2011
Tags: ajit jogi, bharatiya janata party, bjp government, bjp leader, cag, chhattisgarh, chief minister, cmdc, comptroller, congress leader, explanations, fiscal year ended march, lapses, media persons, mineral development, protests, raipur, revenue losses, rs 1, state government