Slain youth’s father to sue Maharashtra government, Raj ThackerayNovember 1st, 2008 - 2:19 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Nov 1 (IANS) The father of Rahul Raj, the youth shot dead by Mumbai Police after he fired indiscriminately in a city bus, Saturday said he would file a lawsuit in the Supreme Court against the Maharashtra government and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray.Kundan Prasad Singh is unhappy with the Maharashtra government’s probe into his son’s killing and angry with Thackeray for having justified the action of the police in Mumbai.
“I will file a PIL (public interest litigation) soon for justice,” Singh told IANS here.
Raj, 25, was shot dead by the police Monday after he attacked the conductor of a bus and fired at a passenger with his revolver.
Before being shot dead, Raj had said that he wanted to kill MNS chief Thackeray for inciting his party workers to attack youths from Bihar who were in Mumbai for a railway recruitment examination.
Singh said Maharashtra’s delay in ordering a judicial probe into the incident was frustrating.
”I fail to understand their hesitation in ordering a judicial probe into the case. It shows that the so-called encounter was fake,” he added.
Singh said his son was innocent and had nothing to do with politics.
Rahul’s sisters, Puja and Priyanka, said that they had lost faith in the Maharashtra government.
“Our innocent brother was killed by Mumbai police, how can we expect justice from the Maharashtra government? We want a judicial probe by a Supreme Court judge,” Puja said.
Puja, who works in a bank, also questioned why her brother’s post-mortem report had not been released five days on.
Priyanka, who is pursuing a Masters in Computer Applications, said Mumbai police had not even contacted their family.
“The Mumbai police is yet to contact us in connection with preparing a report in the case,” she said.
- Raj Thackeray publicity-hungry: Nitish Kumar - Sep 02, 2012
- Raj Thackeray warns of riots over anti-Marathi remarks - Nov 03, 2011
- Samajwadi Party files complaint against Raj Thackeray - Aug 22, 2012
- Rahul Raj's father to meet president for justice - Nov 10, 2008
- Thousands march in Mumbai to protest violence (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Raj Thackeray to take out march even if refused permission - Aug 20, 2012
- Raj blames Bangladeshis for violence, wants Patil out (Roundup) - Aug 21, 2012
- Mumbai police chief transferred (Second Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Maharashtra opposition slams government on Kripashankar - Mar 02, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi ill-informed: Raj Thackeray retorts to speech - Nov 14, 2011
- Mumbai Police gear up for MNS march - Aug 21, 2012
- Rahul Raj's father to file petition in Supreme Court - Nov 14, 2008
- Uddhav again demands permit system for Bihari migrants - Sep 04, 2012
- Bangladeshi infiltrators behind Mumbai violence, says Raj Thackeray (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012